If you are looking for a cost-effective home smart home technology, you need to pay attention to the Wyze doorbell. As the latest addition to the company’s range of high-quality home and security monitoring products, it will leave you satisfied with its features and performance.
Using a hardwired connection it comes with a chime that plugs into a regular outlet. Although it doesn’t support local video storage it comes with free cloud storage that will fit all your needs.
How to Install a Wyze Doorbell
As opposed to what most people believe, installing a Wyze doorbell is a simple as connecting it to the power. As long as it’s compatible and you have an existing doorbell, the process should not take you more than 30 minutes. To install it you must also have an existing circuit with a power output of 10VA and a minimum voltage of 16V.
Check this too: Wyze Camera How to and Troubleshooting Guide
What’s in the Box
- Wyze Video doorbell
- Two Upper Wall Screws
- 2 Expansion tubes for upper wall screws
- 2 extension wires
- Fuse wire
- 2 bracket screws
- 4 wire caps
- 30º Angled Wedge
- Phillips screwdriver
- Turn off the power of your mechanical doorbell at the electrical panel
- Open the chime box and check the current configuration
- Select the wiring configuration in the Wyze app, follow the instructions and connect it to the fuse wire
- If you have 3 wires, choose the correct door and connect the proper lines
- If you have 4 wires follow the instructions to find proper wires to connect.
N/B since this process involves a lot of trial and error if you are not sure call for help.
- Next, confirm that you have the tools and components that you need.
- Remove the current doorbell and disconnect the wires.
- Choose the position of your doorbell. This can either be parallel or perpendicular.
- Select your preferred view. You can either choose a wall plate that is flat against the wall or an angled view. Next, follow the onscreen instructions to install the wedge or wall plate.
- Attach the extension wires to your new doorbell
• Use your Phillips screwdriver to loosen the screws found at the back of the doorbell
• Attach the first screw to the forked part of the first wire
• Do the same with the second wire
• Tighten the screws again
- Connect the wires in the wall to the wires from your new doorbell. To do this pair them, twist them together, and then cover.
- Go to the electrical panel and then switch on the breaker.
- If done correctly your Wyze doorbell light will flash yellow
- Finally slide and secure your doorbell to the wedge or plate. Once you are done, complete the setup in the Wyze app.
Wyze Doorbell Chime Not Working
Here are the steps to follow if your Wyze doorbell chime is not working
- In the Wyze app, tap on your Wyze doorbell.
- Tap on the Settings gear.
- Tap on the extended devices and then go to chime.
- Tap and drag the volume bar to increase the volume before testing the chime sounds.
How to reset Wyze Doorbell
- Press in on the doorbell while pushing it up to remove it from the backplate. This will expose the setup button and the back wiring.
- Press and hold the set up button until the light turns solid yellow.
- Next, release the setup button until the light starts to flash again.
- Finally set up the doorbell as if you are dealing with a new device.
How to Set Up Wyze Doorbell
What’s In the Box
- Wyze video doorbell
- 30º Angled Wedge
- 2 upper wall screws
- 2 expansion tubes for upper wall screw
- 2 extension wires
- Fuse wire
- 2 Bracket screws
- 4 wire caps
- Phillips screwdriver
- Go to the Wyze app, tap Home then tap + sign on the top left.
- Tap add device.
- Tap camera and move to Wyze doorbell.
- Tap Next.
- Install your Wyze doorbell
- Confirm that your Wyze doorbell is flashing yellow and then tap next.
- Tap ready to connect. If you are prompted by the app allow access to the location.
- Scan the QR code by holding the code on the screen. You may have to move closer, further away, or shift to scan well.
- Once it scans tap Next.
- Tap Next again to confirm that your doorbell has a solid blue light.
- Mount the device by placing the doorbell on the wall plate matching the holes. Once you are done, you’ll be prompted to set up your Wyze chime.
Check this too: Eufy Doorbell How to & Troubleshooting Guide
How to Set Up Your Wyze Chime
- Tap add a Wyze chime then tap next to continue.
- Plug your chime into the power outlet next to the doorbell.
- Pres and hold the reset button at the bottom of the chime until the blue light flashes. Once you are done, the process should complete automatically.
- Finally tap Finish.
Common Wyze Doorbell Problems and How to Fix Them
Here are some of the most common Wyze doorbell problems and how to fix them.
QR Code Incorrect When the QR Code Scans
- Check for a firmware update by taping on your Wyze doorbell.
- Next move to settings and then device information
- Finally, tap update if you have the option.
- Next, tap on the settings and then go to restart the device.
- Finally, reset your doorbell and start again.
Seeing Error Code 06 on Your Doorbell
- Log onto the Wyze app.
- Return to your events then load the video again.
- Doorbell Not Flashing Yellow.
- Power the doorbell on at the electrical panel.
- Make sure the connection to your mechanical chime box is secure.
- Make sure the connection between the power terminals and extension wires of the doorbell is secure.
- Make sure there are no short cuts or loose ends to the wiring
Wyze Doorbell Not Working But Live Stream Works
- Make sure you have the latest app version
- Power cycle your doorbell by flipping the breaker power on the doorbell to its off position and wait for 10 full seconds. Next, flip the breaker switch back on.
- Power cycle your network by unplugging the router for 10 seconds before plugging it back in. This will not only reboot the network but also clear any channel congestion that may be affecting the doorbell.
My Wyze Doorbell is Missing Parts
Your Wyze doorbell should come with a video doorbell, wall plate, upper wall screw, expansion tube for upper wall screw, 4 wire caps, 2 extension wires, fuse wire 2 bracket screws, and 30º Angled Wedge. If it doesn’t have any of these, contact support.
My Wyze Doorbell Image Quality is Poor
If your Wyze doorbell is grainy, blurry, or isn’t showing well, you need to
- Refresh the live stream. You can do this by tapping Home to exit the doorbells live stream. before tapping your Wyze doorbell in the app again to reload.
- Restart the Wyze app to clear any bugs.
- If this doesn’t work restart the doorbell by tapping the settings and then going to the Restart Device.
- Finally, open the Live Stream again.
All Wyze doorbell error codes, their meaning, and fixes
- Wyze Error code 90 means your device is offline. Check your internet connection.
- Wyze error code 42 means the connection failed. Connect your mobile device to a different network.
- Wyze error code 20011 means the connection has timed out. Try again.
- Wyze error code 60 means the server is not responding. To correct this, make sure you have stable internet.
- Wyze error code 41 means the network is unreachable. To solve this, check your network settings.
- Wyze error code 10003.7 means authentication failed. Try again.
- Wyze error code 20002 means the connection failed because the max number of channels has been reached.
- Wyze error code 27 means the connection has timed out. You need to connect your phone to a different network.
- Wyze error 2 code zero means the connection has failed. To solve this, connect your mobile to another network and try again.
Wyze Doorbell Not Detecting the Motion
Here is how to fix your Wyze doorbell if it’s not detecting the motion
- Open the Wyze app and click the top right gear
- Click detection settings
- Adjust the sensitivity level of the app
- Make sure the feature is enabled and then adjust the detection zone area
- You should also try to reboot if you haven’t done that yet. You can do this by unplugging and plugging the Wyze doorbell again.
Wyze Doorbell Not Recording
Here are a few troubleshooting steps and settings to check if your Wyze doorbell is not recording.
- Using the Wyze app move to the Home tab and then choose any Wyze cam.
- Click the settings icon found on the top right.
- Select the event recording tab and tap the schedule tap.
- Toggle All Day on. This will instruct the camera to create event recordings any time of the day.
How to Retrieve Wyze Doorbell Recording
- In the Wyze app tap Events.
- Tap the funnel icon on the top right.
- On the Filter screen, tap the details you want.
- Under Contains, tap the details of the videos you want to include.
- Under the Triggered, tap the action that triggered the event.
- Finally, tap to show results.
To Share or Download the Recordings
In the Wyze doorbell app tap Events
- Tap on the recordings you want to share or download.
- Tap on the video again to bring up the share and download buttons.
- Tap the down arrow icon. This will save the video to your phone’s gallery.
- To share the video, tap the right arrow icon and then choose an option in the Share menu.
Check this too: Nest Doorbell How to & Troubleshooting Guide
Wyze Doorbell Power Requirements
Wyze doorbell power requirements are 16V-24V AC
Why Won’t My Wyze Doorbell Camera Power on Fully
If your Wyze doorbell camera is not powering it means that your transformer is less than 10 volts
- Check and see what the voltage is on your transformer.
- If you find that it’s 10V or less, replace it.
- Power it on to see if there is any improvement.
- In most cases getting a new transformer will solve the problem.
- If there is no improvement get in touch with a professional.
The Wyze doorbell not only has an attractive price but also works well. While it may experience some issues you can always troubleshoot and fix them. As a matter of fact, even with these issues, it outperforms other doorbell cameras. If you are using it for the first time, this troubleshooting guide will greatly help you.