When it comes to carpet cleaning and cleaning other types of floor surfaces, the Hoover power scrub is a powerhouse. It is an all-in-one steamer and vacuum washer that can transform even the grimiest carpets into an almost new-looking carpet. Not to forget its ability to clean upholstered furniture after spills to prevent permanent fabric staining.
However, as elemental as this cleaner is in stress-free house cleaning, it can also cause severe headaches, especially if it stops working when you need to do a thorough spring clean or remove a stubborn stain on your carpet. Keel reading to learn how to troubleshoot and fix your Hoover power scrub.
Hoover power scrub won’t turn on.
If the Hoover won’t turn on, it results from a power disconnect or a damaged part. Alternatively, the vacuum may have been automatically shut off due to a clogged filter, loose filter lid, dirty filter, or a full dirty water tank. Check to see all these potential causes of an automatic shutoff are not causing the shutdown. If any of the issues listed above is the cause, remedy the issue and try to turn it on again.
Then check to see if the electrical plug’s fuse is blown and replace it; if the Hoover still does not work. If this doesn’t work, then you need to disassemble the vacuum and test for continuity on electrical parts using a multi-meter until you find the damaged piece. Then replace accordingly.
If there is consistent continuity and the Hoover still won’t turn on, then the motor may be damaged. At this point, you may opt to replace the motor yourself or hire a licensed professional to handle the motor replacement for you.
Disrupted relay signal
Before resorting to replacing the motor, you should also check to see if the relay and switch are functioning correctly, as the issue may be an easy relay delay. If the switch or relay is not relaying the signal, then the Hoover may very well not turn on.
You should also check to see if the Hoover is plugged in firmly before starting the troubleshooting process. Also, checking to see if the outlet is the cause of the motor jam will save you time and money used fixing a vacuum cleaner that may not have any issues.
How do you use the Hoover power scrub deluxe?
So you just got your Hoover, and you still do not know how to use it. Here are some easy steps to help you master your Hoover;
- First, connect the attachment needed for the cleaning session.
- Then connect the Hoover to the electrical outlet. But do not turn it on just yet.
- Then add a cleaning solution to the cleaning solution tank.
- And add water into the water tank.
- Ensure the tanks are tightly closed. Then turn on the knob to release the water and cleaning solution. Ensure it is in the wash position to get a mixture of soap and water.
- Then turn on the Hoover and clean the carpet using two wet strokes to get the cleaning solution into the carpet. Or until the carpet or floor surface is clean.
- You have to push the trigger as you vacuum to spray water onto the carpet for wet strokes.
- Empty the dirty water and refill the clean water tank if needed. The machine will make a noise if the dirty water tank is full and needs emptying.
- You can rinse the carpet using two more wet strokes using plain water without a cleaning solution. Turn the knob to wash to only release water only.
- Then do two to three dry strokes to absorb the water from the floor surface or the carpet you just cleaned.
- You simply push the vacuum back and forth for dry strokes without pressing the trigger to spray water.
- Then turn off the vacuum and empty the dirty water.
- For more details, refer to your user manual. This is important to help you familiarize yourself with parts of the Hoover.
Check this too: How to Clean Dog Poop Out of a Carpet
How do you clean a hoover power scrub carpet cleaner?
First, you need to empty the dirty water tank. Squeeze the red lever in the front to unlatch the dirty water tank, then take out the tank from the vacuum. Then press the cover latch at the back of the tank to open the lid. Then proceed to remove the lid and empty the tank. You can rinse it or wash it with soapy water and rinse it at this point.
Next, you need to clean the nozzle or spinning brushes. To do this effectively, you need to remove the nozzle from the Hoover and clean it. Start by removing any debris caught in the spin brush bristles. Then clean the brushes as well as the entire attachment with soapy water and rinse it.
Always unplug the vacuum before cleaning it. Also, make a point of referring to your user manual before attempting any parts detachment. As different Hoover models have different designs.
Hoover power scrub fuse: location and replacement guide
The Hoover fuse is located in the electrical plug head. To replace it, remove the screws holding in the fuse plate and replace the fuse. Then screw the fuse plate back in place securely.
Hoover power scrub leaking from bottom
this could be a result of a loose lid. Ensure the clean and dirty water tanks are correctly closed and check to see if the power scrub is still leaking. Then check to see if the water tank covers are broken or damaged and replace them if necessary.
If this does not stop the leaking, check to see if the hose transporting water from the clean water tank of the one collecting absorbed dirty water is leaking. Also, check to see if there are leakages at the connection points. Then replace the broken parts as needed.
You should also check to make sure that the water tanks are secured. Take the tank(s) out and put the tank back in place in a straight and aligned position. Do this by setting the bottom edge down and pivoting it back until it snaps in place. Then close the hatch in the front to secure the tank.
Hoover power scrub is not spraying water.
If your tank is not spraying water, the tank could be empty. Turn off the Hoover then refill the clean water tank. Also, check to see if the cleaning solution tank is empty and fill it. If the tank does not spray water, check to see if there is an air bubble is stuck in the pump or the hose.
The nozzle may also fail to spray if the detergent container is empty during a wash. Repeat the refill process mentioned above to refill the cleaning solution tank. If the Hoover is not clogged and it is still not spraying, the issue may be the pump. Replace the pump if it is defective or if it is damaged.
How to unclog a hoover carpet cleaner
Here is an easy method for unclogging your Hoover;
- Turn off the Hoover.
- Then remove the cleaning solution tank and inspect it for clogs. If there is a clog, use a thin wire to remove the clog. You can also try flushing the tank with water to remove the caked cleaning solution.
- Then lift the lid off the recovery tank and check for clogs. Remove the filter and rinse it alongside the cover using warm running water. Also, empty the tank and clean it. Then place it back on the Hoover.
- Next, pull the hose solution tube connector from the top of the cleaner. Then lift the lid from the dirty water tank and pull the hose connector from the slot. Remove the upholstery tool and check it for clogs. Rinse it out to remove debris.
- Then proceed to run water through the hose to dislodge clogs. Then reassemble the hose on the hover once it is clog-free.
- Finally, clean the nozzle using the nozzle cleaning brush to dislodge any debris clogs once all the debris is removed. Rinse the nozzle and reattach it to the hover.
- If the sprayer is clogged, turn the cleaner on and lower the hose to the floor. Then hold the pump trigger for at least one minute to forcefully clear the clog.
- Ensure everything that was taken apart is attached correctly and store the Hoover.
Hoover power scrub not spinning
If the brushes are not spinning, the gears responsible for turning the brushes may be rusty or broken. Remove the brushes and test them to see if they will rotate outside the washer. If they work independently of the vacuum, then the issue is the brush motor.
Check to see if the motor parts are rusty and clean or replace them. Unscrew the indicator screws to remove the top of the washer. Then pull the flap aside and unscrew the plastic cover and place it aside. Proceed to clean the rust using a rust-removing cleaner.
Finally, clean the gears in the center of the motor until they start spinning again. If the brushes still do not rotate after cleaning them, buy the necessary replacement parts and replace them.
What is the difference between the Hoover power scrub deluxe and elite?
Hoover power scrub deluxe
The power scrub deluxe has been the ultimate go-to carpet cleaner for most homeowners for the last five years for several reasons. It has brooches that spin 360 degrees, it can dry your carpet with ease, it is lightweight, and it comes with multiple attachments for cleaning different surface areas.
However, it has a new cousin in the market that is a tad better in terms of features and performance.
Hoover power scrub elite
The Power Scrub Elite is a bigger and improved version of the Power Scrub Deluxe carpet cleaner. It features bigger water tanks (1.25 gallons) that hold up to 25% more water and a bigger handle for a sturdier grip. The bigger tank enables you to clean a larger surface area without stopping to empty the dirty water tank.
The carpet cleaner has a dual-use attachment that combines a bristled brush and a rubberized tool. This makes it perfect for removing pet stains. And its ergonomically improved looped trigger-spray handle makes it easier to use while cleaning the carpet.
The floor nozzle is also .75 inches wider than the deluxe floor nozzle. Enabling you to clean larger spaces faster. Additionally, it has a Quick-Drying Mode that allows for superfast carpet or floor cleaning. It also features the regular cleaning mode.
Lastly, its brushes and the rubber tool material is antibacterial which reduces bacterial growth and bad odor development.
Can I use hoover carpet cleaner on the hard floor?
Yes. You can use the Hoover to clean carpets, sealed wood, vinyl, ceramic tiles, laminate floors, marble floors, and stone floors. It can also use the Hoover to clean mattresses, bedding, rugs, auto upholstery, and fabric sofas. You can also use it to scrub the grout between your tiles.
How to use hoover power scrub deluxe carpet washer attachments
The attachment you use depends on the area size you wish to clean and the type of cleaning you want to do. Refer to your user manual to find out how to attach and detach various nozzles to your Hoover power scrub, then proceed to follow the cleaning instructions mentioned above.
To remove the nozzle or stair cleaner attachment, unlatch them first before removing them. Then insert the other attachment and lock it into place. Ensure the attachments latch onto the vacuum securely before turning it on.
Other minor issues you can experience while using your Hoover power scrub;
- The washer cannot pick up dirty water.
This means the dirty water tank is full and it needs to be emptied. Detach the tank from the cleaner and empty it out-, then reattach it securely.
- Low Suction
This could be a result of an overfilled dirty water tank. Check if the water tank is overflowing and pour out the excess water or empty it. You should also check to see if there is a blockage or the debris filter needs unclogging. Then unclog as needed.
How to prevent Hoover power scrub malfunction
First and foremost, always try to clean your Hoover after use to prevent debris buildup. All you need is warm water with mild detergent of a mixture of dish soap and vinegar diluted in water. You should also maintain the vacuum from time to time using a toothbrush and pipe cleaner to remove any potentially clogging lint.
Check this too: Neato Vacuum Troubleshooting & How-to Guide
You should also maintain it at least once every few months to prevent breaking down of parts and wearing out of gears and other movable parts. This will enable the Hoover to perform optimally and reduce energy consumption due to optimal performance.
Note: Always unplug the vacuum from power before cleaning, troubleshooting, or servicing to reduce the risk of personal injury.