Smart homes are an excellent way to enhance security and make your home more efficient. The Ring doorbell does that very well by allowing homeowners to answer their doors from anywhere and to see who is at the door. It ensures that you never let a stranger into your home.
In addition, the Ring doorbell can connect to other smart equipment in your home, such as your thermostat, allowing you to control your thermostat using your Ring alarm app. The Ring doorbell does not work with all thermostats, so here is a list of the three best thermostats to pair with your Ring Doorbell.
Ecobee 4 Smart Thermostat
The Ecobee4 thermostat is manufactured by Ecobee, a company that makes smart home devices. Their smart thermostat works with Alexa and Google home and can be connected to other smart home devices.
- To connect your Ecobee 4 Smart Thermostat to your ring doorbell, you will need the SmartThings app, which is available on the Google Play or Apple app store.
- Install the app on your phone and ensure that you have a stable internet connection.
- Ensure that your Ring doorbell and Ecobee 4 Smart thermostat are on and connected to the internet.
- Open the app and tap on Devices, then Add Devices.
- Next, tap on Add Device Manually
- Select the Ring device and authorize it.
- Your Ring device is now connected to Smart Things.
- Next, connect your Ecobee thermostat to the smart things app.
- Tap on devices, then Add Devices, and then Add Devices Manually.
- Finally, authorize.
- Now that your devices are both on SmartThings, you can authorize your Ring alarm
- to control your thermostat.
- The doorbell can change thermostat settings when you or other people enter the house.
- The Ecobee 4 Smart Thermostat has motion sensors, making it easy for your home to control temperature, depending on your use.
- You do not need to buy a subscription to use the SmartThings app to integrate your doorbell and thermostat.
- The thermostat requires manual temperature adjustment as it does not change depending on ambient temperature or humidity.
Honeywell Home T6 Pro Z Wave
The Honeywell Home T6 Pro Z Wave thermostat is manufactured by Resideo, which creates smart solutions to help clients better control and protect their homes. In addition, their smart thermostats can integrate the Ring Doorbell app. Follow these steps to connect Ring to your smart thermostat.
- Start by ensuring that you have a stable internet connection.
- Download the Ring app if you do not have it and tap on Menu.
- On the list that appears, tap Set up Device.
- Next select security, then Works with Ring.
- Tap on Add.
- On your Honeywell thermostat, press the Menu button, scroll to find Z-Wave Setup, and press Select.
- You will see the menu option to put your thermostat controller in Pairing Mode, press Select.
- Next, assign the thermostat to a room on the Ring app, then change the thermostat name depending on your preference.
- Finish setup; your doorbell and thermostat will be connected. You can now control your thermostat using the ring app.
- The thermostat comes with geofencing, which enhances remote use.
- It is affordable, and Ring integration does not involve extra subscription fees.
- It does not have motion and humidity sensors.
Carrier Cor 5C Thermostat
The thermostat is compatible with Ring, which means you can use your doorbell to control its operation. That helps reduce the amount of power that you use in your home. Follow these easy steps to connect your Carrier Cor 5C thermostat to your ring doorbell.
- Ensure that your doorbell and thermostat are connected to the internet.
- Log in or create an IFTTT account using the app or IFTTT website.
- Next, check for recipes you can use for your thermostat and doorbell or create them.
- Link your thermostat and doorbell to IFTTT by following the prompts provided by IFTTT.
- The recipe you have selected will control your thermostat by allowing your doorbell to guide the operation of your thermostat. For example, when you walk into your home, your thermostat will lower or raise the room temperature.
- The thermostat is easy to set up and connect to your Ring doorbell.
- You can choose the free subscription when connecting your doorbell to your thermostat.
- It does not come with extra sensors like Ecobee and Honeywell.
- You have to buy a subscription to get the best out of IFTTT.
A smart home is more secure and comfortable for your family. Ring integration allows you to save on power and lower your utility bills. The above thermostats are the best choices for people planning to connect Ring to smart thermostats.