Taotronics soundbars pride themselves on providing a smart and relatively inexpensive way to radically improve TV audio. They have a range of products on offer, with varying features and price tags to meet customers’ needs. But like other devices, these soundbars can also experience issues. Knowing how to troubleshoot various problems with your Taotronics unit can help resolve a number of issues that could have otherwise cost you a lot of money to fix. In the following guide, we give step-by-step directions to troubleshooting some common problems with these units.
How to Setup a Taotronics Soundbar
To set up a Bluetooth connection on your Taotronics soundbar, follow these steps:
- Plug the soundbar to power, press and hold the Power button until a beep is heard. The device is initially in the Bluetooth mode.
- When the LED indicator starts to blink fast, activate the Bluetooth function on your device and search for devices nearby.
- Find “Taotronics soundbar name” in the search results and tap to connect.
- A beep will be heard and the indicator will turn solid blue upon a successful connection.
To set up an AUX connection, follow these steps:
- Press the Mode button to switch to AUX mode.
- Plug in the AUX cable into the AUX input port at the back of the soundbar.
- Connect to an AUX device via the cable.
Note that the buttons on the soundbar will not work under the AUX mode, except that pressing the Play/Pause button can mute/unmute.
To use Bluetooth connection:
- Connect the soundbar with any USB charging adapter or active computer USB port to turn on the unit.
- Press the Volume knob twice to turn on Bluetooth mode. The Bluetooth indicator will flash blue and white alternately indicating the soundbar is in pairing mode now.
- Turn on the Bluetooth function on your device and search for nearby devices. Find “Taotronics TT-SK028” in the search results and tap to connect.
- Once connected, you will hear a beep and the Bluetooth indicator will flash blue every 5 seconds.
To use AUX cable connection:
- Connect the soundbar with any USB power adapter or active computer USB port to turn the unit on.
- Plug in the 3.5mm audio cable into the AUX IN port at the back of the soundbar.
- Connect to your AUX device via the cable.
Note that once connected to the AUX OUT port, the sound will be bypassed to the audio device connected. Make sure the music is at the audible level and tune the volume through the Volume knob.
How to Operate a Taotronics Soundbar
To go to previous track:
- Press and hold the Volume button under the Bluetooth mode
To start/pause timing:
- Press the Timer button
- Press once to start/pause timing
- Press twice to clear the timer display and set it to “00.00”.
- Press and hold to exit timer mode and back to previous working and display modes.
To set the Light Mode:
- Press the LED Mode button to choose the following four light modes:
- Color carousel: where the light will cycle through different colors
- Breathing mode: where the light will cycle through different colors in a rhythm resembling human breathing
- Rhythm mode: where the light color and brightness will change automatically with the music you are playing
- Turn off the light
To answer or hang up a phone call:
- Press the Play/Pause button
To decline an incoming call:
- Press and hold the Play/Pause button
To power on:
- Connect with any USB charging adapter or active computer USB port
- Volume Knob indicator stays solid blue
To power off:
- Unplug the USB power cord
To turn Bluetooth Mode on/off:
- Press the volume knob twice
- A beep will be heard
To increase the volume:
- Turn the volume knob clockwise
- A beep will be heard when highest setting is reached
To reduce the volume:
- Turn the volume knob anticlockwise
- Press the volume knob once
- Bluetooth indicator flashes blue every 5 seconds
To answer/hang up phone call:
- Press the volume knob once
- A beep will be heard when answering
To decline an incoming call:
- Press and hold the volume knob for 1 second
Taotronics Soundbar Not Turning On
If your Taotronics soundbar is not turning on, try the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:
- Test with other charging sockets.
- Charge with the original power adapter.
If the LED indicator still does not come on when you charge with the adapter, contact Taotronics support team for setting up a replacement.
Taotronics Soundbar Remote Control Not Working
If your Taotronics soundbar remote control is not working, it could be because of several reasons. Try the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem:
- There is no battery(s) in the remote control. Install AAA 1.5A battery(s) into the remote and verify the batteries are properly installed.
- Clean the positive and negative points of contact.
- The batteries may be out of charge. Replace the current batteries with new ones.
- The remote control is not pointed to the remote sensor. Make sure the remote control is pointed to the remote control sensor during use.
- The remote control is out of its operating area. Make sure the remote control is within the operating area.
- The unit is shut down. Switch off the soundbar and disconnect the power. Then reconnect and power it on, try again.
If the problem still persists after the above steps, the remote may be damaged. Get in touch with Taotronics support team for setting up a replacement.
Why is My Taotronics Soundbar Not Working?
If your soundbar is not working, here is what to do to try and resolve the problem:
- Unplug and re-plug the soundbar power adapter and test.
- Test using a different wall outlet.
- If the above does not fix the issue, the power adapter may be damaged. Contact Taotronics support team for a replacement power adapter to get the unit working again.
How Do I Reset My Taotronics Soundbar?
To reset a Taotronics soundbar, you need to press and hold the Bluetooth Mode button on the remote control for 2-3 seconds, or the Mode Selection button on the soundbar for 5-6 seconds. This disconnects a Bluetooth device that was previously connected. The Bluetooth Mode indicator then will flash when waiting for reconnection.
Why are the buttons on My Taotronics Soundbar Not Working?
If the buttons on the soundbar are not working, switch off the soundbar and unplug it. Wait for about 30 seconds before plugging back the power cord and turning the soundbar on again.
How to Connect a Taotronics Soundbar to a Computer
You can use the soundbar as an external speaker of your computer if your soundbar has a Toslink (optical audio) port.
If your computer does not recognize the soundbar, don’t plug in the USB power cable first. Instead, here is what you need to do:
- Start to plug the pink jack into the audio output of your computer.
- Then plug the blue jack into the audio output of your computer.
- Right click your audio icon in the lower right corner and select playback (the same with recording) and find the speaker, set it to default, exit out.
- Plug in the USB power cable to see whether it could work.
How to Connect a Taotronics Soundbar to a Laptop via Bluetooth
To connect your soundbar to a laptop via Bluetooth, follow these instructions:
- Press the power button on the soundbar.
- Then press the source button to switch the corresponding Bluetooth mode.
- Open the Windows 10 Action Center, which is usually at the bottom of the screen.
- Locate the “Bluetooth” tile, which contains a small icon that looks like a sideways bowtie.
- If the tile is a lighter color and says “Not Connected” or shows the name of a connected device, Bluetooth is already on. If it says “Bluetooth” and is dark in color, click it to enable Bluetooth.
- Click the Connect tile in the Action Center. It has an icon of a computer screen and speaker. Windows will now scan for devices.
- Click the soundbar when it appears. This connects the PC to the soundbar.
- Once the speaker is paired, your PC will automatically connect to it whenever it is in range.
Taotronics Soundbar No Sound
If there is no sound or the sound from your soundbar is distorted, follow the troubleshooting instructions below to fix the issue:
- The audio cables are not connected securely. If so, connect the audio cables securely.
- The volume may have been set to the minimum level. Try turning up the volume to see if there will be sound.
- The sound may have been switched off. Press MUTE on the remote control to switch on the sound.
- Press PLAY/PAUSE button.
- Set the audio output mode on your TV (If applicable) accordingly with the mode setting on the soundbar.
Taotronics Soundbar Buzzing Noise
When you hear a buzzing noise coming from your soundbar, it could be from a bad signal from the TV or a poor connection. It could also be caused by mobile devices, which can cause interference when placed near the soundbar.
To fix the problem, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Move your mobile device away from the soundbar, at least 3 feet away, and see if the static noise is gone.
- Disconnect and then reconnect the cables to the soundbar to ensure that they are firmly connected.
- Check if the buzzing noise occurs on all sources. If it only occurs on one source, replace the cable that device is connected with. If the static continues, there is an issue with the external device.
Taotronics Soundbar Bluetooth Pairing
To connect your Taotronics soundbar Bluetooth, follow these steps:
- Plug the soundbar to power, press and hold the POWER button until you hear a beep. The device is in the Bluetooth mode initially.
- When the indicator begins to flash fast, activate the Bluetooth function on your device and search for devices nearby.
- Find the Taotronics soundbar type in the search results and tap to connect.
- You should then hear a beep and the indicator will turn solid blue upon successful connection.
Note that when the soundbar is powered on, it will automatically connect to the last paired device if any. Otherwise, it will enter the pairing mode with the LED indicator blinking fast. To change the connection, press and hold Play/Pause button to enter the pairing mode and connect to another device.
To disconnect a Bluetooth device, press and hold the Bluetooth Mode button on the remote control for 2-3 seconds, or the Mode Selection button on the soundbar for 5-6 seconds. The Bluetooth Mode indicator will flash when waiting for reconnection.
How to Pair Taotronics Soundbar to a Universal Remote
Generally, the soundbar can only be controlled by the included remote as there is no code for the Taotronics soundbar. But if your universal remote has IR learning, you can add the remote by following these steps below.
To program Taotronics soundbar universal remote without codes, follow these instructions:
- Switch on the smart device like TV that you want the universal remote to operate.
- Turn on the remote, tap on the device button (TV, DVD, CBL and OK/SEL) for 3 seconds. The LED light indicates the device is ready to program.
- Point out the remote to the device and click on “CH+” and “CH-“ switches. Remote will show on/off signals. Press “Up” or “Down” key continuously until the device will turn off.
- Verify the code by clicking on “Power” key. The device should turn on. If it starts, try changing the channel to verify that remote is programmed correctly.
- Now tap the “device” button to save the code. The device LED will blink twice to confirm the code stored.
To program Taotronics soundbar universal remote manually, follow these instructions:
- First you need to turn on the device.
- Press the TV on your Taotronics soundbar universal remote.
- Now press and hold the Setup button of the universal remote until it shows the “Light Flash”, which means it is in learning mode.
- Finally enter the keycode which you collected from the programming guide (instructions booklet).
- After you are through with this procedure, just point your remote at the TV and then press and hold the Power button.
- You can let go of the Power button whenever the screen switches off.
- Your TV should now work with the universal remote control. If your device is not working then try to repeat the procedure with the different code from the same part of the reference table.
Check this too: What is the Thinnest Soundbar?
If you could not find a code that works for the device, you can set up the universal remote to search mode for the correct one. It is a code in the manual which forces the remote into search mode.
- First turn on the device.
- Then press and hold the Setup button.
- Enter the 9-9-1 code.
- Now hold down the Power button on the remote and press the Channel up until the device (your TV in this case) turns off.