People are ditching cable TV for streaming services like Hulu due to their variety of shows. Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services offering the latest and best shows and movies. Hulu is different from other video streaming services in that it provides its subscribers live streaming from the main TV networks. It is also Geo-restricting and works only in the US.
Hulu often faces a few issues on its streaming platform. Some of the factors that cause Hulu streaming problems include; internet connection errors, Hulu servers crashing, outdated versions of the Hulu app or your streaming device, and location changes. In addition, you will experience freezing, buffering, syncing issues, caption issues, etc. If you’re new to Hulu, here’s everything you need to know to set it up and troubleshoot in case of a problem.
How many devices can connect to my Hulu account?
You can download the Hulu app and log into your account with as many devices as possible, but you can only stream from two of them simultaneously. If you try to stream from a third device, an error message will appear on that screen.
How to download Hulu movies
Hulu allows you to download your favorite shows to watch when you have no internet access. Unfortunately, not all shows are available to download. Look for a circular icon with a downward arrow next to the show episode to see if it supports downloads. Before you download a show, you need to make some settings adjustments as follows:
- First, click on the ‘Downloads’ section at the bottom of the app.
- Next, click the ‘Settings’ icon(a gear) on the top right side of the screen.
- A tab will appear containing a section labeled ‘Video Quality’ set as ‘Standard’ by default.
- Tap on the Video Quality tab and set it to ‘High’ if you want downloads with a quality resolution. Take note that setting the video quality to high will cause a long downloading time, and the video will use up more storage space in your device.
- Go back to the main menu and click on the ‘Download’ icon to save the desired show.
- You can save up to 25 downloads on five mobile devices at one time.
Be aware that downloads are only available for Hulu (No Ads) and Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV subscribers. So if you switch to another plan while still with the downloaded shows, they won’t be accessible. Also, if you put your Hulu plan on hold, you will only manage the downloads but cannot play them.
How to reset series on Hulu
There are several ways you can restart a series on Hulu. Here are some of the standard methods to reset a show on Hulu.
Within the show
- Click the right arrow, and then the start-over icon will appear in the screen’s bottom-left corner.
- Click this start-over icon, and the show will go back to the beginning.
Using the scroll bar
- Find the progress bar at the bottom of the screen. It allows forwarding or rewinding of a particular show.
- Move the cursor or tap the screen, and the progress bar will appear.
- To rewind the show to the beginning, press the left-pointing arrow until it gets to your desired place.
- Alternatively, you can scroll back the progress bar to any point you want in the show.
From the main menu
- Open the main menu on Hulu.
- Go to the ‘Continue Watching’ tab and click the three dots next to the show you want to restart.
- Press the ‘Remove’ button and then search the same show on the search bar, and it will start playing from the beginning.
How many profiles can I have on Hulu?
Besides the primary profile account, Hulu allows you to create five other profiles－six in total. Each profile you create can have its unique viewing history and content recommendations. Hulu users are also able to stream from two different screens simultaneously.
How to delete a profile on Hulu
Once you delete a profile on Hulu, you cannot undo it or recover the profile. Also, you can’t delete the primary profile, but you can edit it if necessary. Here’s how to delete a profile.
- Hover the cursor over the name in the top right corner of the page, and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Click ‘Manage Profiles.’
- Select the profile you want to delete.
- Go to the ‘Edit Profile’ pop-up window and select ‘Delete Profile.’
- Confirm your selection.
To delete all the profiles:
- First, open your account page on a web browser.
- Next, go to ‘Privacy and Settings’ and click on ‘California Privacy Rights.
- Next, open ‘Manage Activity, select the ‘Profiles’ option, and click ‘Selected.’
- All the profiles will be erased, watch histories, profile-level preferences, and the settings. The primary profile will remain intact.
How to edit a profile on Hulu
Editing a profile will change the name, gender, video sharing preferences, or Kids Mode. Follow the steps below to edit a profile on Hulu.
- Hover the cursor over your profile in the top right corner of the page, and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Click ‘Manage Profiles’
- Tap the pencil icon next to the profile you want to edit.
- Make your desired changes. To change the birthday, you have to contact Hulu customer assistance.
- Select ‘Save Changes’
- Click on your profile.
- Select ‘Edit
- Choose the profile you want to edit.
- Make the desired changes.
- Select ‘Save Changes’
- Open your mobile browser.
- Go to https://auth.hulu.com/web/login?next=%2F%2Fsecure.hulu.com%2Faccount%2Fprofiles and log into your Hulu account.
- Click the pencil icon next to the profile.
- Edit the profile.
- Select ‘Save Changes’
How to set up Hulu Home network
You’re required to set a Home network within 30 days after signing up for a Hulu Live TV plan. The Home network determines which local channels you can access on Hulu. To successfully set up a Home Network, you need to have a residential, non-mobile connection.
- Log in to your Hulu account from any supported device.
- Open the Privacy and Settings section and click on Set or Change Home.
If you need to change your Home network for any reason, such as moving location or a new ISP, you need to connect your device to the new network and follow the steps above.
When you try to use Hulu on a device connected to a different network, you’ll get an error message stating that you’re not home.
Hulu video keeps on buffering.
If you are experiencing frequent buffering while streaming on Hulu, you should follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Close the Hulu app completely together with any other programs or apps running in the background. Then try opening Hulu again, play a show and check for buffering.
- Test your internet connection. Run a speed test on your streaming device and compare the results. For consistent and quality streaming, Hulu recommends the following speeds:
- 3.0 Mbps for Hulu’s streaming library
- 8.0 Mbps for live streams
- 16.0 Mbps for 4K videos
- If the internet speed doesn’t meet the recommended rating, here’s what you can do to prove your internet connection.
- Power off all other devices connected to the home network.
- Exit any apps or programs on your device.
- Plug your device directly into the Wi-Fi router with an Ethernet cable.
- Move the modem and router close to the device.
- Power cycle your device. Switch off your device and router, wait a few minutes, then power them back on.
- Test other programs and apps in your device to see if they are experiencing the buffering too. If other apps and programs are affected, then there is poor connectivity. Contact your internet service provider for information on how to improve connection.
- Check Hulu and system updates. First, open your device’s app store and check for software updates on the Hulu app. Then open your device’s settings menu for system updates.
- Clear Hulu’s cache and data. Go to your device’s settings menu and clear the cache on the Hulu app. This removes temporary files to clear up the space needed.
- Uninstall and reinstall Hulu. Erase the Hulu app from all your devices to fix any lagging issues.
All Hulu error codes, their meanings, and fixes
Error codes will appear on your Hulu to alert you of the problem. These error codes are due to poor Internet connection, application issues, or issues with the streaming device. When the error codes appear, you will not stream live events or play any video.
How to clear Hulu error codes
When first see an error code, try the troubleshooting guide below to with possible solutions that will clear the Hulu error codes:
- Restart your streaming device.
- Restart your modem or Wi-Fi router.
- Power-cycle your streaming devices. Switch off the devices, wait for about two minutes and turn them on.
- Switch from wireless to a wired connection using an HDMI cable.
- Update your Hulu app or reinstall it.
- Update the system software of your streaming device.
If the troubleshooting tips above do not work, follow the error-specific solutions below. This table demonstrates some of the Hulu error codes, their known causes, and possible solutions.
|Error code||Cause||Potential solution|
|RUNUNCK13||Buffering and playback issues||Clear your browser’s or app’s cache.Delete the Hulu app and then reinstall.|
|P-DEV 320||Digital media player issue||Check your internet connectivity by opening a different streaming app. Then check if you can play a show without any error codes.Connect your device to a different network.Exit the Hulu app or browser, shut down the device, wait a few minutes, then re-log into the account.Power cycle your router and modem.|
|5003||Playback failure||Update your Hulu application or your device’s system software.Delete the app and reinstall it.Check your internet connection. Connect your device to the router using the Ethernet cable or place your device closer to your Wi-Fi router.|
|3 and 5||Technical app issues||Reboot your deviceUnplug your router for about two minutes and then reconnect your device.Reinstall the Hulu app.Update your device’s systems.|
|16||Invalid region issue||You must be in the US.Turn off your VPN or proxy.Update the browser or switch to another browser.|
|0326, 2203, 3307, 3321, 3322, 3336, 3343||Protected content||Connect your streaming device to an HDMI cable if you’re using a different cable type.Update the browser or use another browser.Refresh the page by clearing all the programs running in the background.|
|400||Hulu account issues||Check and fix your internet connection.Log out of Hulu and then log back in after about three minutes.|
|500||Server failure||Check the internet connection.Switch browsers.|
|BYA-403-007||Playback issues||This is a temporary outage on Hulu. If other videos work, check the internet connection.Contact Hulu customer service to fix the error.|
|HDCP||Anti-piracy||Unplug the HDMI cable from the streaming device. Wait about two minutes, then plug it back in.Use another HDMI cableSwitch streaming devices.|
There’s no audio on my Hulu videos.
We recommend following the steps below if you’re experiencing any audio issues.
- Play a different show or channel if you’re watching Live TV and check if they have audio. If not every show has an audio problem, power cycle your device. And contact Hulu customer service if the problem persists. If other videos also have no audio, continue with troubleshooting.
- Check your account audio settings.
- First, open the settings menu on TV-connected devices and ensure that ‘Stereo’ or ‘Normal’ is enabled.
- Next, check the volume control in the lower corner of the video on your PC or mobile device and ensure it isn’t on mute or that the volume is now too low.
- Follow the steps below to adjust your HDMI cable if your TV-connected device has one.
- Unplug the HDMI cable on your TV and connect it to a different port.
- Switch TVs if applicable.
- Reverse the ends of the HDMI cable.
- Replace the HDMI cable.
- If you’re using external speakers, check if Hulu supports surround sound. Hulu automatically streams audio in 2.0 stereo quality. But some devices can only play specific live content and show in surround sound. If either your device or the show doesn’t support external speakers, you can switch the audio settings on your device to ‘Stereo’ and then test without the external speakers.
Hulu audio out of sync or too loud
There are a few reasons your Hulu audio is out of sync with the video, or it’s too loud. However, the main reason for out-of-sync audio is misconfigured sound settings on the streaming device. Below are other reasons that can cause this problem and their possible solutions.
Internet connection issues
Slow internet can cause an audio/video delay. The problem could be with your router or internet service provider. To fix your connection; reboot your router, connect your TV using an HDMI cable, connect your TV to the Wi-Fi router directly with the Ethernet cable or move your router closer to the device. If none of these solutions work, contact your internet service provider.
Malfunctioning speakers or streaming device
Another reason could be the hardware malfunction of the speakers. To test if the issue is with the external speakers, unplug the speakers and check if there is any drawback from the TV speakers. If the audio from the TV speakers is in sync, the external speakers are damaged and may need replacing. However, if the problem continues, then the external speakers are working fine.
Loose HDMI cable.
Test other channels and shows to rule out technical issues with the video or channel. If other channels are also out of sync, you need an electrician to fix your TV or speakers. If your TV is using an HDMI cable, check the condition of the cable. Ensure the connection to the port is not loose or the cable is not damaged; otherwise, you may have to replace the HDMI cable. You can also reverse the HDMI cable ends.
The wrong audio settings on your device can cause the audio to drop back. To change the audio settings:
- TV-connected devices: Open the menu, click on settings and ensure the ‘Stereo’ feature is enabled.
- If the sound is too loud, locate the volume control at the corner of the video, then adjust to your desired volume.
Hulu videos are not in my language.
Follow the troubleshooting steps below if your videos on Hulu are not playing in your desired language.
- Check the language settings on Hulu. While watching the show, open the playback controls by clicking on the gear wheel icon. A menu with the language options will appear. Make sure your desired language is selected.
- Check the language settings on your streaming device. Open the settings menu on your streaming device and check the language settings. Ensure your desired language is enabled.
- Check your Hulu version. If a show is available in different versions, Hulu has separate pages for each language. For instance, Brooklyn 99 in English and Brooklyn 99 en Espanol in Spanish. Ensure that you’re playing the correct version.
Why are my Hulu captions out of sync?
If the video captions are out of sync, then there was an error when loading the video. Typically, restarting the stream should fix the issue, but if it doesn’t, follow the steps below:
- Disable closed captions, then enable them again. To enable or disable closed caption on Hulu:
- Press the up button or scroll down on your remote to pull up the playback bar.
- Click on ‘Settings.’
- Go to ‘Captions & Subtitles’, then select ‘On’ to enable and ‘Off’ to disable.
- Completely close Hulu and any other apps and programs were running in the background. Wait for about three minutes, and then try playing the show again.
- Open a different video and check if the captions are also out of sync. If other videos are okay and the issue persists, contact Hulu customer care for assistance. If other videos are also out of sync:
- Check your internet connection.
- Update your Hulu app or device system.
How to get different languages for Hulu captions
Some shows offer captions in English and Spanish. When you want to change the language of the subtitles, follow the steps below:
- First, press the up button on the remote to pull up the playback bar.
- Then, go to ‘Subtitles’ or ‘Subtitle Language,’ pick your desired language.
Hulu not working on smart TV
If Hulu is not streaming on your Smart Tv, here are some probable reasons that might cause that issue:
- Slow internet speed
- Unwanted files in the Hulu app
- The Hulu server is down
- The Hulu Smart TV app is outdated
- You’re using a blocked VPN server
- Below is a troubleshooting guide to fix the issue if the Hulu Smart TV app is not working:
- First, clear the cache from the Hulu app.
- Next, go to ‘Settings’ on your Smart TV.
- Scroll to apps and click on Hulu.
- Go to storage and select ‘Clear cache.’
- Finally, open the Hulu app and check if it is working.
- Next, check if your Smart TV is compatible with Hulu. Here is a list of Smart TVs and devices compatible with Hulu.
- Android TV
- LG TV
- Apple TV (minimum 4th generation)
- Samsung Smart TV
- Vizio SmartCasts TV
- Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Box
- Nintendo Switch
- Reboot the Hulu app. Delete the Hulu app on your Smart TV, wait about three minutes, then reinstall it.
- Update the Hulu app. Unlike mobile devices, Hulu does not automatically update on Smart TVs. Most Samsung Smart TVs have an auto-update feature, but other Smart TV brands do not. To get the latest version of the Hulu app, delete Hulu and reinstall it.
- Scan for an error code. Hulu usually displays an error code in the app when it detects a particular problem. Usually, if there is an error code, Hulu will stop working until you clear the error. Go through our error code chart above and compare it with the one on your Smart TV to determine the best possible solution.
- Check your internet connection. Slow internet speed causes a lot of problems with Hulu streaming. Use a speed test app to test your internet speed. To stream Hulu, you need 16 Mbps for 4K, 8 Mbps for live streaming, and 3 Mbps for the Hulu library. If your internet speed is below Hulu recommends, contact your internet service provider to correct the issue or switch to a faster internet connection.
- Check if Hulu is down. Sometimes Hulu services go down and become unavailable for its users. There may also be issues during program repairs. If all solutions do not work, then the Hulu outage is likely the issue. Contact Hulu customer service to confirm this issue.
Hulu keeps freezing
There are a couple of reasons that could cause your Hulu to freeze constantly, such as slow internet connection, viruses in the app, browser issues, insufficient storage in the device, outdated app version, etc. Follow the instructions below to fix Hulu from freezing.
- Delete your cache and check for updates. Ensure the device settings are up-to-date. Also, go to your device’s settings, open Hulu, and clear the cache to free up space for more content.
- Reboot Hulu. Exit Hulu and any other background programs, wait a few minutes, and then reopen Hulu. You can also try closing the app completely, switch off your phone, wait about two minutes and then switch on your phone and open the app.
- Check your internet connection. Test the connection by opening another streaming app and check for buffering, delays and freezing.
- If other apps are also freezing, your internet connection is probably weak. Switch off your streaming device and power cycle your modem or router. Make sure to wait bout two minutes before powering up the devices.
- If that doesn’t work, test your internet speed and contact your service provider for solutions.
- You can connect an Ethernet cable between the router and streaming device.
- If you do not have an Ethernet cable, place the router closer to the device.
Hulu connection error causes and fixes
You will experience Hulu connection issues quite often. Fortunately, you can quickly fix them by following the steps below:
- Check your network connection
- A connection error indicates the internet connection is slow or unstable. Use https://fast.com/ to test your upload and download speed. If the internet strength is low, reboot your router to refresh the connection. You can also upgrade your internet plan if it is below the minimum recommendations.
- Restart your app.
- You can clear temporary glitches and bugs by power-cycling the Hulu app. Exit the app completely, wait two minutes, and then log back in.
- Restart your streaming device.
- Switch off your device, wait for two minutes, turn it back on and open the app to check for the errors.
- Disable your VPN
- Because VPN changes your IP address randomly to protect your data, it can also cause delays and interruption to your network. Hulu also works in the US only, so your VPN might send an IP address from a location outside the US and cause connection issues with Hulu servers. To fix this, you need to switch off your VPN to stop it from interrupting the connection.
- Update the Hulu app. Open your device’s app store and update the app. Then open the Hulu app to check if the connection error has cleared.
- Update your device. A device running on an outdated system will have network connection issues. To update your Android OS:
- Open the settings on your device.
- Scroll to ‘About’ or ‘About Phone’
- Click on ‘Software Update.’
- Tap on the ‘Download and Install’ tab to launch the device’s latest version.
- Contact Hulu for assistance.
- If none of the solutions work, there could be a problem with the Hulu servers. Contact the help center, report the issue and wait for instructions.
Hulu stuck on the welcome screen.
When your Hulu doesn’t launch past the welcome screen, try following the troubleshooting tips below to fix it.
Hulu on your computer
- Check your system requirements. Your computer should meet the necessary system requirements to avoid having issues accessing Hulu. These requirements include:
- The latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.9 or above, Microsoft Windows 10, and Chrome OS
- HTML5 enabled
- Check your internet connection. Your internet connections need to be strong enough to meet the required download speed to stream on Hulu. First, test your internet speed and compare it with Hulu requirements. If your download speed is too low, perform the following actions to improve it.
- Restart the router and computer.
- Disconnect other devices using your home network.
- Close any other apps and programs your device may be running in the background.
- Connect your streaming device directly to the router with an Ethernet cable.
- Clear your browser’s cache. Your computer stored the most commonly used data as a cache to improve its access time. Often the cached data will cause lagging and freezing., hence why you need to delete the cached data.
- Enable location services. Hulu requires your location services to work. Therefore you need to turn off your VPN and enable location services on your computer.
Hulu on a mobile device
- Force close the Hulu app to clear the glitches in the app.
- To force stop the app on an Android device, go to Settings > Apps > All apps > Hulu > select Force Stop.
- To force stop the Hulu app on an iOS device, go to your Home screen > double-click the Home button to bring up the multi-task tray > scroll up on the app’s preview to force stop Hulu.
- Restart your mobile device and router.
- Check your internet strength and fix it if necessary.
- Delete and reinstall the Hulu app.
Hulu is not working on Apple TV
- Hulu is compatible with Apple TVs, but conflicting streaming apps or corrupt firmware can prevent it from working. Before starting troubleshooting, make sure your internet connection meets Hulu requirements. If the network connection were the problem, this would resolve the issue. But, if the problem persists, continue with the steps below.
- Force stop the Hulu app, then restart it. You can fix a temporary malfunction on your Apple TV by force-stopping the app.
- Press the ‘Home’ button on the Apple remote twice.
- Scroll up to force close the Hulu app and any other app currently running in the background.
- Relaunch Hulu and check if it is working correctly.
- Power cycle your Apple TV and router.
- Open settings on the Apple TV.
- Click on ‘System’
- Select ‘Restart’ and check if Hulu is working once the Apple TV powers back.
- Disconnect the router from power and then reconnect it.
- Update the Hulu app to the latest version.
- An outdated Hulu app will have compatibility issues and prevent the app from launching correctly.
- Open Settings on your TV.
- Click on ‘Apps.’
- Tap on ‘Hulu’ and update the app if an update is available.
- Reinstall the app.
- Deleting the app will clear any bugs in the app that are preventing it from working.
- After deletion, restart your Apple TV.
- Go to the Apple app store and reinstall the Hulu app. Then, log in to the app and check if it works well.
- Change the Apple TV’s DNS settings.
- You have to configure the DNS settings of your Apple TV correctly to allow Hulu to work. Or you could be using a non-default DNS which is preventing your network from resolving the web addresses of the Hulu servers. To fix this, you need to change the DNS to the default.
- Go to your Apple TV settings.
- Select ‘General’
- Click ‘Network’ and select Wi-Fi.
- Select your home network from the list and click on ‘Configure DNS.’
- Set it to ‘Automatic’ and save your changes. If it is on ‘Automatic,’ change it to ‘Manual’ then back to ‘Automatic.’
- Disable the 4K feature in your Apple TV
- Sometimes Hulu may not work if 4K is enabled, and disabling this feature may solve the problem.
- Go to your TV settings and open ‘Video and Audio.’
- Tap on ‘Format,’ and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Select ‘1080P SDR 60Hz’.
- Save your changes and reboot your Apple TV.
- Delete any conflicting apps from the Apple TV.
- Hulu might stop working on your Apple TV if you have other conflicting apps. These conflicting apps include other streaming apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, etc. Open the home screen, press and hold the app you need, press delete.
Hulu not working on Roku
You’re likely to experience problems such as delayed loading, freezing, buffering, and crashing every so often when streaming Hulu using the Roku streaming device. Some of the reasons that could cause problems with Roku include; a faulty internet connection, an outdated Roku system, or Hulu app software. Try these troubleshooting solutions to get your Hulu working on Roku.
- Ensure your Roku model supports Hulu
- Hulu is available on Roku but only for supported models. The current Hulu app is compatible following Roku devices:
- Roku Ultra
- Premiere and Premiere+
- Roku Express and Express+
- Roku 3 and 4
- Roku 2 model 4210X
- Roku Streaming Stick (model 3500X or later)
- Roku TV
- 4K Roku TV.
- To your settings on Roku, go the System and confirm your Roku model.
- Hulu is available on Roku but only for supported models. The current Hulu app is compatible following Roku devices:
- Check your internet connection and fix any issues if necessary. Then, restart your router or contact your internet service provider.
- Fix any playback issues.
- To troubleshoot:
- Unplug the Roku device from power and wait a few minutes.
- Then, plug it back in and open the settings menu.
- Open ‘Systems’
- Select the power option. Press ‘ System restarts’ and wait.
- Then relaunch the Hulu app and check any issues.
- Reinstall the Hulu app.
- To troubleshoot:
- Update Hulu and your Roku device to the latest versions.
- Soft reset your Roku device
- To reset Roku:
- Press the home button on the Roku remote five times.
- Press the ‘Up’ button then the rewind button twice.
- Press the fast forward button and wait about five minutes.
- Open the Hulu app and confirm it’s working.
- To reset Roku:
- Hard reset your Roku device.
- If the issue continues, you perform a hard reset to return the device to its default settings as follows:
- Next, go to Settings on your Roku device.
- Then, click on ‘Advanced settings.’
- Select ‘Factory settings’
- Press ‘Yes’ and wait.
- Once it resets, launch the Hulu app.
- If the issue continues, you perform a hard reset to return the device to its default settings as follows:
Hulu not letting me log in
Follow the steps below if you’re having an issue accessing your Hulu account on how to fix some of the most common causes.
Invalid login credentials
An error message ‘Your login is invalid. Please try again’ will appear on the screen if you’re entering the incorrect email and/or password. You can click on the ‘Forgot your password’ tab to reset a new password that you can remember.
If you forgot your email address, use the Hulu account recovery tool to retrieve it. The recovery tool only works if you’re billed directly by Hulu. If you pay for Hulu through a third party such as Amazon, Spotify, Roku, Sprint, Apple, etc., then it’s likely your Hulu login credentials are the same as for those services.
Your Hulu account may have a problem if you can log in on a browser, not through the app. Confirm your subscription status by logging in to your online account. If there is a notification about your account’s expiry, you must update your payment method. After payment, you should be able to log in on all of your devices.
After signing on to Hulu for a specific package, you need to open your email and activate your Hulu account.
When subscribing to one of Hulu’s Live TV packages, you’ll need to set your Home network. The Home network determines which local and regional live channels you can stream Hulu. To change your Home network:
- Connect your living room device to your router.
- Then, log in to Hulu on the living room device.
- Make sure your location services are enabled.
- Visit your online account page through a supported browser.
- Go to ‘Privacy and Settings’ and click ‘Set or Change Home.’
You can change your Home network up to four times within 12 months. Your living room devices need to connect to this Home network when using Hulu. Also, you can stream on the go using your mobile devices, but you need to check in at Home once every 30 days. You may struggle to log into Hulu if:
- You use a living room device away from Home.
- You have not checked in on the Home network using your mobile device in the past 30 days.
- You have used up your last Home network change.
Technical issues such as an unresponsive page or general errors can also prevent you from logging in to Hulu. These essential troubleshooting tips will help you clear the errors to allow access.
- Clear the browser and app cache.
- Force close the Hulu app.
- Check for Hulu and device updates.
- Reinstall the Hulu app
- Enable location services on your mobile device and browser settings.
Hulu is not playing
If you can access your Hulu account but cannot stream any videos, try these solutions below.
- Confirm if Hulu is down. If you can’t stream through the website or app, then Hulu services may be down. To determine if Hulu is down, check social media for any alerts by other people about their streaming outages. You can also contact customer service for confirmation.
- Check for Hulu error codes. Usually, Hulu will not play any content if there is an error code. Compare the code with the table in this article to determine the problem and how to fix it. Clearing the error code will return Hulu to working correctly.
- Fully close the app on your device and then open it again. This resets the app and gets it working again.
- Restart your device or unplug it, wait a few minutes, then reconnect it.
- Switch to a different device. Try using another device or web browser to stream content on Hulu.
- Check your internet connection and make sure it meets Hulu’s recommended speeds.
- Reboot your router.
- Improve network reception by moving the device closer to the router. Try to remove any obstructions like large furniture between the router and streaming device.
- Clear the Hulu app cache. Your cache could be storing bugs and corrupt data that can prevent videos on Hulu from playing.
- Deactivate your phone. Open your Hulu account page and deactivate the device you’re using, then reactivate it.
- Log into your Hulu account on your browser
- Select ‘Manage Devices’
- Find your device on the list, and click ‘Remove.’
- Sign back in on your device and try to stream.
What to do if you have no more home changes left
You need to connect your Living room devices to your Home network, and you need to change your Home network every time you move locations. Unfortunately, you can only change your Home network four times per year. If you update your Home network the fifth time, an error message will appear, and you will be unable to access Hulu.
Blocked from using Hulu+ Live TV on mobile
Living room devices must connect to your home network to stream on Hulu, but you can stream anywhere else on your mobile device. However, you have to check your mobile device to your Home network at least once every 30 days.
If you do not check on your mobile device, Hulu will block you from accessing Live TV, but you can stream shows from the library.
Once you check in your mobile device at Home, you can go back to watching Live TV on your mobile device.
Check this too: How to Use a Firestick Without a Remote
Hulu TV states I’m not at Home.
This error message typically appears when you’re using a living room device connected to a router other than the one set at Home. Other possible reasons include:
- Connecting a living room device to a mobile network.
- Using a shared Wi-Fi network.
- Switching your internet service provider.
- Changing your IP address.
The solution to clear this error message is using one of your available Home changes to update your Home network. If you reconnect your device to the original Home network after an update, the error message ‘Not at home’ will appear again. To resolve it, you can try watching Hulu on a mobile device instead of contact Hulu customer service for troubleshooting.
Hulu is an excellent subscription service for streaming popular shows. Unfortunately, several factors cause problems when using Hulu, but this guide will help you fix some of the most common Hulu issues. If nothing helps, contact Hulu for additional assistance.