The Keurig coffee maker is quite popular since it makes the best coffee at the comfort of your home. It is easy to operate at one push of the button. However, the machine requires the use of high-quality water to make the excellent coffee you love, which is why it has a water filter.
This is a removable one, and you must replace it to maintain the high standards of liquid you need. If you have had issues replacing it, the following is a guide to help you.
How to Change a Keurig Water Filter
You should change the charcoal water filter at least once every two months. However, this is not standard if you make coffee more than once a day; it may be sooner than that. To replace the water filter, you will need:
- A new charcoal Keurig water filter (you can grab some here).
- Clean running water.
- A bowl.
Here is what you have to do
- Switch off the coffee maker and unplug it.
- Fill a bowl with water and soak the new charcoal filter for at least five minutes.
- Press the sides to remove the cartridge holder and pull up the old water filter.
- Rinse the filter holder and clip for about one minute.
- Rinse the new charcoal filter and replace it on the filter holder. Ensure that you secure it properly using the clip.
- Reattach the holder on the machine and set the new timer to one month for old holders and two months for the newer ones.
Why Should You Replace the Keurig Water Filter?
It is essential to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on filter replacement for the best coffee. The following are some reasons why you should change it often.
You might also want to clean or change the needles while at it. Check out this guide on how to clean Keurig’s needles.
Maintains the Quality of Coffee
No matter how great the coffee you use is, if your filter is old then you can be sure that the taste will be off. A dirty filter will give your coffee an unpleasant aftertaste that reduces the overall quality of what you get.
Keeps the Coffee Maker in Excellent Condition
This coffee maker requires high-quality water to make excellent coffee. Therefore, a good filter ensures that it is in optimal working condition for longer. A dirty one will only overwork your machine, and it will break in no time.
Check this too: How to Drain Water from Keurig
Make a point to replace your coffee maker water filter as recommended by the manufacturer as you have everything to gain. It is an easy process that shouldn’t take more than ten minutes then you can go back to enjoying excellent coffee.