Vizio TVs are popular smart TVs because of their great picture quality and affordability. In addition, the TVs come with a wide selection of pre-installed TV-specific Android apps and a Vizio remote.
If you want to open apps on your Vizio TV, you’ll need to press the V button on the Vizio remote. However, you might wonder how you can download apps on your TV with no V button on the Vizio remote.
Here’s how to download Apps on Vizio TV without the V button:
Where is the V Button on Vizio TV?
If available, the V button starts Vizio internet apps or other components’ multimedia functions; its location will vary depending on the remote; however, it’s often located under the up /down and OK buttons.
It has a V icon and is easy to spot.
How Can I Add Apps to My Vizio Smart TV Without App Store?
Vizio app store contains the most supported apps. However, there might be cases where you can’t find an app on the app store, or it’s not listed there.
Luckily, most Vizio TVs support Android Apps that you can download for free on the internet from a trusted source.
You can download apps on your Vizio TV without using the V button using the methods listed below; however, be sure to go over each method to find out which works best for your Vizio smart TV:
Use the Vizio Internet Apps (VIA) Plus Platform
The Vizio Internet Apps Plus (VIA Plus) platform was used for Vizio TVs, released from 2013 to 2017. It’s an alternative way to download apps on your Vizio TV without using the V button.
You can download apps on your Vizio TV using this method by following these steps:
- Please turn on your Vizio smart TV and ensure it’s connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Press the Home button on the remote twice. The VIA app interface will be shown on the screen.
- Navigate to All Apps and search for the app you want to install.
- Select the app, press and hold the OK button on the remote until the app proceeds to install.
Sideload Apps onto Your Vizio TV Using a Flash Drive
Installing apps on your Vizio TV using a flash drive is another option to explore. This method works best if you have an unstable internet connection. Here’s how to do it:
- Download the APK you want to install.
- Using a computer, save the file on a flash drive. However, ensure there’s nothing else stored on the flash drive.
- Turn your Vizio TV off and unplug it from the source.
- Plug the flash drive, restore power to the TV, and turn it on.
- The system will automatically start sideloading the app. Wait for the process to complete.
Screencast Apps from Your Android Phone to Your Vizio Smart TV
If you can’t download apps on your Vizio TV externally, you can try to screencast content from your smartphone to your Vizio TV.
This method works well if you’re trying to install some streaming apps unavailable on VIA Plus or the Connected TV Store.
Before using this method, ensure that you first connect your smartphone and Vizio TV to the same wireless network and then follow these steps:
- First, launch your desired streaming app and log in to your account.
- Next, watch a TV show or a movie, and then press the cast button on the screen’s top-right portion.
- Next, turn on your Vizio TV and select it on the device list. Content from your phone will now be cast to your smart TV.
Use the SmartCast App as a Remote
Vizio TVs are compatible with Google Chromecast; therefore, you can use the SmartCast setup to install new apps or uninstall old ones from the TV.
The setup allows you to add and control all the apps on your Vizio TV. All you need is a Google Chromecast-enabled app on your phone.
However, it’s best to understand that Vizio TVs offer a small number of apps; therefore, you’re restricted to the pre-installed apps. Sometimes, you might only access a few applications on your TV.
All the available apps will be displayed once you open the Smartcast page of your TV. Once displayed, you can use the app on your phone to control a cursor on your TV.
You can use this cursor to go to the All Apps section and search for the app you want to install. However, it’s best to understand that some older TV models don’t allow you to install new apps on the TV.
Cast Streaming Apps from an iOS Device to your Vizio
TV Using AirPlay
If you’re using an iOS device such as an iPad or iPhone, you can use AirPlay to cast content on your Vizio TV from a streaming app or service.
However, before using this method, ensure that your Vizio TV and iOS device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and follow these steps:
- Launch a streaming app on your iPhone and log in to your account.
- Select the media you want to stream.
- Click on the AirPlay icon.
- Select the TV’s name. This will start streaming the media.
Screencast from Your PC to Vizio TV
You can also cast content from your PC to your Vizio smart TV. Connect both devices to the same wireless network and then follow the procedure below:
- Turn on your Vizio TV.
- On your computer, launch the Chrome browser and select more options (three-dot-button) on the top-right side of the screen.
- Select cast from the drop-down options and choose your Vizio TV on the list of devices.
- Navigate to the website of your desired streaming service and start streaming content. The content will be shown on your Vizio TV.
How to Remove Apps from Your Vizio TV
Removing apps from your Vizio TV is similar to installing them. You can follow these steps:
- Press the Home button twice on the remote.
- This will take you to a screen that shows all the apps installed on the device.
- Go to the All Apps list and search for the app you want to uninstall.
- Click the OK button once you find the app.
- On the app homepage, click on uninstall and wait for the process to finish.
Vizio TVs often come with pre-installed apps that you can use when you want quick access to certain services and sites. However, there are some cases where you can’t find and download an app using the V button alone. In such cases, the tips above can help you navigate the situation.