Home kitchens are now designed and built with comfort and safety considerations in mind than they once were. The constant cooking of meals in the kitchen may result in the accumulation of humidity and aerosolized grease.
Your windows can’t effectively help eliminate moisture and odors. You’ll need a solution that can guarantee you a safe and comfortable cooking environment.
Kitchen exhaust fans come in different shapes and designs to ensure a consistent flow of fresh air and sanitation. Finding one that delivers powerful ventilation and filtration results can be quite challenging.
Depending on your needs, the best exhaust fan for the kitchen may be among the five products discussed below.
Top 5 Exhaust Fans for Kitchen Use in 2022
Broan 509 Through-Wall Fan
Since it’s the best exhaust fan for kitchen, Broan 509 Through-Wall Fan boasts of a contemporary-styled grille that complements modern decor.
The fan comes with an HVI-certified plug-in motor that operates at 180 CFM and 6.5 Sones to effectively eliminate odors and humidity.
Broan 509 features a specially-designed polymeric fan blade with a Sone rating that suits rooms with an area of up to 170 square feet. Wiring installation is necessary for this residential kitchen exhaust fan to work correctly.
- Contemporary-styled grille
- Polymeric fan blade
- HVI-certified plug-in motor rated 1.5 Amps
- Rugged steel housing
- Built-in damper
- Versatile fan
- Delivers powerful results
- Blends in with existing kitchen decor
- Helps eliminate moisture, odor, and smoke
- Great value for money
- Instructions need clarification
- Only works as a through-wall fan
Broan 413004 Stainless Steel Ductless Range Hood Insert (with Light and Exhaust Fan)
Broan 413004 is a ductless range hood insert made of stainless steel. It provides effective filtration and ventilation results, which are essential when choosing the best exhaust fan for kitchen.
Check this too: Best range hoods for gas stoves
When installed 18 inches above the cooktop, Broan 413004 can help eliminate odors and smoke. It comes with a rocker-type fan and a non-ducted filtration system that allows this exhaust fan for kitchen window to deliver powerful results.
- 2-speed motor
- Rocker-type fan with light control
- Works in an ADA-compliant application
- Available in various appliance matching widths and colors
- Non-ducted filter
- Even distribution of light
- Great build quality
- Effectively eliminates odors and smoke
- Easy installation
- Leaves kitchen fairly humid
- Requires more fan power
Broan Range Hood Insert (with Light and Exhaust Fan)
With this high-quality hood insert, you can improve lighting and ventilation over your kitchen stove at 6.0 Sones and 190 CFM. The protective lamp lens help distribute light evenly over your stove.
As a kitchen hood fan, Broan Range Hood also features a dishwasher-safe aluminum grease filter to simplify cleaning and an ADA-compliant ventilation system.
The hood comes in different appliance matching widths and colors for ease of use and convenience.
- Dishwasher-safe aluminum grease filter
- Designed for a 7-inch round duct attachment
- Protective lamp lens
- Accepts bulb of up to 75 watts (bulb not included)
- ADA-complaint hood insert
- Effective lighting
- Great build quality
- Easy to clean
- Fits neatly underneath a kitchen cabinet
- Grease trap filter is ineffective
- Instructions aren’t comprehensive
Broan Nutone 506 Chain-Operated Ventilation Fan
Broan Nutone 506 is a chain-operated ventilation fan with a contemporary-styled grille that can complement your kitchen decor. Its plug-in motor offers fast and easy twist-lock installation since it has sufficient lubrication and heat resistant body.
Check this too: Best grill smoker combo
You can rely on this kitchen ceiling exhaust fan to keep your kitchen free of cooking odors, humidity, and smoke. Broan designed the pull-chain to open the door of the fan and start the fan.
- Permanently lubricated and thermally protected plug-in motor
- Contemporary styled grille
- A fan that operates at 430CFM with a Sone rating of 7.5
- Foam-insulated door
- Specially-designed polymeric fan
- Easy installation
- The fan can eliminate different kinds of odors and smoke
- Complements existing kitchen decor
- Energy efficient
- Optimal performance
- Cheaply made
- Quite noisy
Kitchen Bath Collection 30-Inch Wall-Mounted Stainless Steel Range Hood
STL75-LED is a 30-inch kitchen wall exhaust fan with a stainless steel body from Kitchen Bath Collection. The product boasts of a two-piece adjustable chimney, three-speed settings and a touch screen control panel for ease of use.
It also comes with 2 high-end LED lights featuring 49 bulbs to light up your kitchen. STL75-LED comes with charcoal carbon filters for vent-less installation and a flexible aluminum duct for easy wall or ceiling attachment.
- Two high-end LED lights (each with 49 bulbs)
- 2-piece adjustable chimney (with sleek curved edges)
- 2 aluminum micro-cell grease filters
- Flexible aluminum duct and a UL-certified motor with 3 speed settings
- High-quality 304 stainless steel
- Sleek design
- Easy to use
- Built to last
- Easy to install
- Great value ductless system
- Filters need frequent replacement
- Slightly noisy
A kitchen exhaust fan is essential when you want to keep your cooking area dry and free from mold and mildew. When choosing one, you should consider the sound level of the fan, air movement in CFM (cubic feet per minute), and build quality.
Check this too: How to clean the Honeywell tower fan
You also need to consider the size of the cooking area you intend to have the device installed. With these considerations in mind, it will be less daunting for you to find the best exhaust fan for the kitchen.