Are you looking to widen your Apple TV access horizon? Then Xfinity is the way to go. It is going to provide more entertainment options. And it also makes access to your Apple TV account online easier.
Keep reading to learn how to use Xfinity stream with your Apple TV.
Can I watch Apple TV on Xfinity?
Yes. Xfinity doesn’t have a web browser, but it has an Xfinity toolbar, a browser add-on created by Comcast. It is a browser extension, and you will be able to access emails, Xfinity TV, and various other features offered by Xfinity.
To watch Apple TV online on Xfinity Web Browser, go to tv.apple.com. Then enter your login credentials like username and password to log in to your account. After that, you will be able to watch Apple TV on Xfinity online.
How to add Apple TV to Xfinity?
To use the Apple TV+ app on X1 or Flex, you’ll need:
- A compatible X1 TV Box as part of your TV subscription or a streaming TV Box with Xfinity Flex
- RNG150, Pace and Arris XG1v1, Samsung XG2v2 and Pace Xi3 X1 TV Boxes, and Pace Xi5 Flex streaming TV Boxes are not supported.
- Any level of Xfinity Internet
- A subscription to Apple TV+
How to Access the Apple TV+ App on X1 and Flex
You can access Apple TV+ is by saying “Launch Apple TV+” into your Xfinity Voice Remote.
- Sign Up and Log in to the Apple TV+ App on X1 and Flex
- Launch the Apple TV+ app on your X1 TV Box or Flex streaming TV Box.
- You can Explore Apple TV+ or Sign In to the Apple TV+ app.
- Select Sign in and press OK on your remote to enter the app if you already have an account.
- If you don’t yet have an account with Apple TV+, select Explore Apple TV+ and press OK on your remote.
- An Activation Code and a QR Code will display. You can either:
- Choose to use a browser on your PC or mobile device and enter the activation code at https://activate.apple.com to link your device, or
- Capture the QR code using your mobile phone camera or QR code reader to access Apple’s Sign-in/sign-up flow.
- The Two Ways to Create Apple ID page is displayed with the option to visit the website or scan a QR code.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to set up your billing details to complete your subscription.
- Go to the Apple TV page and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Then Add Payment Method
- The Signed in page will be displayed with a message that you’ve successfully signed in.
- To manage your subscription, go to https://tv.apple.com/settings.
Note: First-time Apple TV+ customers are eligible for a three-month free promotion if you sign up via a link texted to you. See the First Time Customer Promotion section for more information.
How to Browse the Apple TV+ App on X1 and Flex
Once you’ve logged into the Apple TV+ app and have successfully synced your account, you can browse your Apple TV provider list. Next, go to the Apple TV+ home page and browse for shows via the Apple TV+ app browsing displayed.
Parental Control Settings
Access to the Apple TV+ app can be locked by using an Application Lock.
The Apple TV+ app is rated as TV-MA, so locking TV-MA under X1 Settings > Parental Controls > TV Rating Locks will also require a Parental Control PIN to access.
In addition, Apple TV+ has its parental control settings, which can be accessed and modified at https://tv.apple.com/settings.
Note: Once the Apple TV+ app is launched, X1 and Flex parental controls settings will not guard against searches or playback within the app.
Does Xfinity support Apple TV?
Xfinity does not support Apple TV. Hence you cannot add Apple TV to my Xfinity app. However, the Apple TV+ app is available on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex. Currently, the Xfinity Stream app isn’t available for Apple TV. However, you can log in to your Xfinity account on a Web Browser and authorize your Apple TV to access channels on your Plan by entering the code into the custom URL to stream Xfinity.
Does the Apple TV Natively Support Xfinity Comcast?
No. There is no Xfinity Comcast Stream App designed specifically for Apple TV. However, the app is available on iOS for the iPhone and iPad. However, you can’t use AirPlay to Mirror your Screen to your Apple TV anymore.
Comcast Workaround for Watching Xfinity Comcast Stream on Apple TV
The Xfinity Stream App is available for iOS and iPadOS, but it isn’t available for tvOS. While the Authentication System isn’t publicly visible, you can still visit these portals and activate channels on your Xfinity Subscription while on your Apple TV if you know the URLs.
Follow these steps:
- Launch a web browser, visit the official Xfinity website, and log in to your account.
- Go to the channel on your Apple TV that you have on your Xfinity Subscription Plan.
- When you’re trying to sign, an activation code appears. Note down this code.
- If you try to open the channel again, you’ll get a URL on top. Edit the URL and enter your activation code in the field “authenticate?reg_code=”. Ensure that all the letters in the code are in upper case.
- It can take up to 30 seconds to authorize, but it’s done you should be able to watch TV as usual.
- To watch another channel, you’ll have to authorize it by following the same process.
How to watch Xfinity Comcast Stream on Other Apple Devices
Setting up Xfinity Comcast Stream on your iPhone or iPad is straightforward, but there are a few prerequisites. Ensure that your device is on the latest version of iOS before trying to install the app.
- Ensure that your Apple device is upgraded to iOS 11.0 or later.
- For that, go to settings and check your system upgrade status. If your device isn’t upgraded to 11.0 or later, first upgrade your device.
- Open the Apple App Store and search for the ‘Xfinity Stream’ App on the search bar.
- Scroll through the options and find the Xfinity Stream App.
- Then click on Install App.
- This will download the app and install it on your Apple device.
- After the app has been successfully installed and downloaded, open the Xfinity Stream App.
- Ensure that your device is connected either to your cellular connection or Wi-Fi.
- Once you’ve opened the app, you have to swipe left to right.
- This will open the main navigation.
- Then you need to check under the Live TV option and click on All Channels.
- Click on the network logo
- After clicking on All Channels, click on the network logo present on the left side.
- The channel you want to watch will begin streaming.
- Alternatively, you can tap on the program airing now option.
- Then click on Watch.
- This is how you can watch the program of your choice.
- If you want to see the details about any program, click on Info.
How to Cast from iPhone to Xfinity TV
By default, casting from your iPhone to Xfinity TV is actually disable on your Xfinity X1 Cable Box and Xfinity Flex. To activate it, follow these steps:
- Press the Xfinity button on your Xfinity remote. Then, use the home button on your Xfinity Flex.
- Navigate to the gear icon using the arrow buttons, press OK, and proceed to Settings.
- Navigate to the Privacy Section, then press OK.
- Under Mobile Video Casting, change the setting and press OK again.
- You can now cast media from your iPhone off the Netflix, Spotify, and YouTube apps to your Xfinity X1 Cable Box or Xfinity Flex.
Note: this only works if your iPhone and Cable Box are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You can’t cast anything to the RNG150 and Pace XG1v1 X1 TV Boxes as they don’t support it.