Disney Plus is a subscription-based service that gives you access to several popular TV shows and movies, from National Geographic to Star Wars to Marvel Universe. However, Disney Plus is only available on Samsung TV 2016 to the current lineup.
That means any Samsung Smart TV model before 2016 is not compatible with Disney Plus. Thankfully, you can still get Disney Plus on an old Samsung TV without replacing it with a newer TV model.
The only way to get Disney Plus on an older Samsung Smart TV is to invest in an external device like Roku, Apple TV(4th generation or after), Chromecast, or Amazon Firestick, that supports the app.
You can also use your gaming consoles such as Playstation, Nintendo, and Xbox to watch Disney Plus on your older Samsung TV. The following article explains why you can’t find the Disney Plus app on your Samsung TV and a detailed guide on how to get Disney Plus on your older Samsung TV.
How do I download Disney plus on my Samsung Smart TV 2014?
First, you need to confirm you have a high-speed internet connection of at least 5Mbps for HD streaming and at least 25Mbps for 4K streaming and that your Smart TV’s OS is up to date. Now follow the steps below to get Disney plus on your 2014 Samsung Smart TV.
Get Disney Plus using Amazon Firestick.
- First, set up the Amazon Firestick by plugging it into the HDMI port of your Samsung TV.
- Press and hold the microphone icon button on the Firestick remote and clearly say “Disney Plus app.”
- Alternatively, press the Home button on the Firestick remote.
- Go to the Menu section and choose the Disney Plus app. You can also type “Disney Plus” on the search bar and download and install it.
- Sign in to the app with your credentials and start streaming.
Get Disney Plus using a Roku device
- Turn on your Samsung TV.
- Plug the Roku device into a power outlet and then connect the USB cable to the TV’s HDMI port to link the Roku streaming device to your TV.
- Press the Home button on the Roku remote.
- Go to the Channel store.
- Enter “Disney Plus” in the search field and select the app.
Get Disney Plus using Xbox.
- Press the Home button on the Xbox remote.
- Click the Microsoft Store tab at the top of the home screen.
- Go to the search bar and type “Disney Plus.”
- Download an dinstall the app.
- Sign in to the Disney Plus account with credentials and start streaming.
Get Disney Plus on PlayStation
Disney Plus is available on PlayStation 4 Pro, PS4 Slim, the regular PlayStation 4, and the PlayStation 5. note that only PS4 Pro supports 4K streaming.
- Turn on your PlayStation console.
- Open the PlayStation Store, search for the Disney Plus app, and then download it.
- If you already has a Disney Plus account, sign in with your email address and password,
- If you don’t have an account, click “Sign Up.”
- Enter your email address and password, then make an in-app purchase through your PSN account to pay for the subscription.
- Select “Start watching.”
Get Disney Plus using Chromecast
- Power up your Chromecast and plug it into your Samsung TV’s HDMI port.
- Then plug the other end of the USB cable into the Chromecast.
- Turn on your Samsung TV.
- Use the Samsung TV remote to choose the HDMI port your Chromecast is plugged in.
- Connect your Chromecast and Smartphone or tablet to the same WiFi connection and set up the device.
- Download the Disney Plus app on your Smartphone or tablet, open the app and sign in using your credentials.
- Click on the cart icon on the top right corner of the page, and a list of available devices for casting will appear.
- Select your older Samsung Smart TV from the list.
- Choose a video on your phone or tablet and press play to cast Disney Plus on your Smart TV.
Get Disney Plus via an HDMI connection.
If you do not have a streaming device connected to your TV, you can connect a computer to your Samsung TV using an HDMI cable and still access Disney Plus. In addition, you can watch Disney Plus on both Windows and macOS.
- First, ensure you have an updated browser.
- Then connect your computer to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- Use the Samsung TV remote to switch your TV to the proper HDMI input that the computer connects to.
- Open your browser on your computer (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, or Safari).
- Sign up for Disney Plus, enter your credentials, and start streaming your shows.
- The content will start appearing on your TV.
If none of the above methods work, there could be a problem with the external streaming device. Subsequently, you have to contact the device’s support team for troubleshooting.
Why can’t I find Disney Plus on my Samsung Smart TV?
The Disney Plus app is not available on any Samsung Smart TV running on Oray OS or even those with the built-in browser; that means any model from 2015 and before. That’s because Disney Plus runs only on Samsung TVs that use the Tizen OS.
If there is no Disney Plus app on your Samsung Smart TV, it is not compatible with the streaming service, which is likely an older Samsung Smart TV model. Here’s a full list of Samsung Smart TVs compatible with Disney Plus.
Another reason why you can’t find Disney Plus even with a compatible Samsung TV is Disney Plus is unavailable for viewing in your region.
Currently, Disney Plus is available in only five countries: the US, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, and New Zealand. Disney Plus will remain unavailable if you live outside these countries unless you connect to a reputable VPN.
Unfortunately, Disney Plus is only accessible on Samsung Smart TVs from 2016 and later. But you can still get to watch it on an older Samsung Smart TV without issues. All you need is any of the above streaming devices, gaming consoles, or simply a computer with an HDMI cable.