For increased security it is mandatory to monitor your surveillance camera even when you are not at home. This is possible using apps that work with your surveillance system. Keep reading to learn how to use Cobra camera surveillance on your phone.
How To Connect Cobra Surveillance System to Phone
Follow the steps to connect a cobra camera to your phone;
- Go to Playstore/IOS and find Rx CAM View APP
- Download the app.
- Open the App.
- Allow Rc view to your camera and etc
- Next, a pop-up notification can be denied or allowed, it is up to you, and hit the OK button down below.
- Tap on cameras
- Select device list
- And hit + tap on top of the right corner.
- Select IPC/NVR/DVR
- Next in the ADD new devices, you have two options either scan your system barcode or manually enter the code to add it.
- Type username and password and once you hit the button.
- The connected device will be shown.
- Go back to the main page of this app and you see the Boxes.
- Tap on any one of a box and click at the top right corner.
- Click on setting
- Then click on the clear button
- Then click on the HD button
- In the last at the end hit the confirm button to save the setting.
- This is how you add your camera on this app one by one.
- Next camera setting start from, go back to the main page and hit the second box, and repeat the same process from click on the setting for adding other cameras.
What app works with Cobra security cameras?
Below are the apps that are compatible with Cobra camera system;
- Cobra Tag – Best for Cobra wireless color security camera
- IP Cam Viewer Lite
- Cobra iRadar®
- AtHome Camera – Home Security
- AtHome Video Streamer- Monitor
- ONVIF IP Camera Monitor
- tinyCam Monitor
- Video Surveillance Ivideon
Cobra Tag App Download
- Go to cobra.com/support/CobraTag in a browser on the Android phone.
- Tap the link to download the android app file (bac11292012.apk).
- Download progress can be observed by dragging the title bar down to reveal notifications.
- Once the download is complete, touch the BAC11292012.apk download complete notification in the Notifications area.
- Opening the BAC11292012.apk file will lead to the screen for the user to confirm installation on this device, and the user should click “Install.” The screenshot below shows the entire scrollable window that is displayed. The user would be presented with a “Next” button to see two screens.
- Once the user clicks “Install”, the below is displayed while the Cobra Tag app is installed.
Once the app is completely installed, select “Done” to close the installer and return the user to the previous app or home screen. Select “Open” to launch the Cobra Tag app.
Where is the device ID on the Cobra surveillance system?
The device ID can be used to connect a device during setup, or to recognize a device on a network where multiple devices are present. On newer systems the Device ID may be printed on the QR code sticker. This sticker is generally located on the side or base of a camera, or on the bottom of a DVR / NVR recorder.
Check this too: Why is My Blink Camera Not Recording?
A QR code is a machine-readable optical label that contains information about the item to which it is attached. Many remote access apps give the option to scan this QR code to connect to and set up a device on a network.
If you cannot scan the QR code, the Device ID can be manually entered into the applicable client software or app to connect remotely. If the Device ID cannot be found or read on the top of the recorder, depending on the system, the Device ID may be located on the recorder’s System Information screen.