Cleaning false eyelashes should be a routine practice. After all, a good pair of realistic false eyelashes expensive and not easy to come by. Fortunately, it is easy to get rid of glue strings, and mascara clumps from the lashes.
A pair of properly cleaned eyelashes can be used several times. When you know how to clean the lashes properly then you will save money that would be used to buy new ones.
- Antibacterial soap
- Makeup remover
- Ball of cotton
- Paper towel
- Cotton swab
- Warm water
- Oil-free makeup remover
Removing Fake Lashes
Before you clean fake eyelashes for reuse, learn how best to remove them without damaging them. Here is how to peel them off safely:
- Wash your hands with antibacterial soap
- Grip the corner of the lashes between your fore-finger and thumb and tug at them gently. In case you used bundles of lashes then remove them a section at a time
- Use an eye makeup remover and a ball of cotton to clean any glue over the lashes.
How to Clean False Lashes
Most people apply a coat or two of mascara on their false lashes to make them pop. However, a pileup of makeup products can make the lashes weak, creased, and even broken. You can even get an eye infection. Clean the eyelashes to avoid any of these from happening. To clean false eyelashes with alcohol or eye remover, follow the steps below:
- Get your cotton swabs, oil-free eye makeup remover or rubbing alcohol, and paper towels.
- Put the lashes on a paper towel and douse the end of the cotton swab in the eye makeup remover or alcohol, making sure to squeeze the excess product.
- Use the cotton swab to gently rub the makeup and glue away, making sure to pay attention to the bands.
- Use another cotton swab dipped in warm water to clean the rest of the mascara
- Air-dry the false lashes using a paper towel and avoid squeezing them after cleaning them
Alternatively, soak cotton pads in your eye makeup remover or alcohol and lightly press lash strips between pads to dissolve the makeup. Some people also use baby oil by moistening a cotton swab with baby oil and swiping the oiled swab over the top of their upper eyelash line.
Wait for 3 minutes for the oil to soften and dissolve the glue. Once done, you need to hold onto the tip of each fake eyelash with tweezers. While oils can be used to clean fake lashes, many experts do not recommend their use.
How to Clean Glue Off False Eyelashes
Once you have removed the mascara, you are most likely left with some glue. Do not attempt to scrub or scrape off the glue clumps. Instead, use a pair of tweezers to remove the glue.
Cleaning fake eyelashes without makeup remover
You can always clean the fake eyelashes without alcohol or makeup remover. In this case, all you need is soap and water. To do this:
- Remove the lashes by placing a damp cloth over them until the glue softens
- Using tweezers, Hold down the lashes wisp side
- Gently pull off the glue using your other hand
- Take a clean bowl and have t filled with water and soap
- Place the eyelashes inside
- Use a Q-tip to hold the lashes down and brush the lashes using the Q-tip until they are clean
- Take the eyelashes out and dry them
- Store them away and re-use whenever necessary
How to Clean Eyelashes While Wearing Them
There are other alternative ways to clean the fake lashes without having to remove them. This is convenient if you don’t want to go through the struggle of removing the lashes, cleaning them, and reapplying them.
Check this too: Does Bleach Kill Spiders?
Using Coconut oil
Apart from using soap and water, and other harsh chemicals to clean the lashes, you can be clean when still wearing them using coconut oil as follows:
- Dip a new brush or wand into a container of coconut oil
- Carefully apply the oil to your eyelashes just like you do with mascara.
- Apply to the top and bottom lashes
- Using a cotton swab or pad, gently remove any excess oil from your lashes or skin.
How to Make Your Eyelashes Grow Faster
While the option of using fake lashes still exists, having your natural ones is still stress-free and convenient. There are several things you can do to improve the growth of your natural lashes.
This includes the use of specific products such as eyelash growth serum, moisturizing with coconut oil, using castor oil, combing the lashes, using a lash boosting mascara, applying vitamin E, considering biotin, and using a lot of olive oil. You can check out this guide we did on how to make your lashes grow faster.