Being able to control your lights remotely is one of the best intelligent home inventions ever made. This makes it easy for you to light up or dim rooms without walking to the wall socket. As well as ensure your home is fully lit when it gets dark before you get home.
Additionally, it makes it easy for you to turn off lights if you left them on by mistake. Keep reading to learn how to use and fix your Ecobee switch+.
How to setup Ecobee switch+
Once you have installed your Switch+, follow these steps to set it up;
- If you used the Ecobee app to install your Switch+, you should be taken straight to registration after installation.
- If not, download the Ecobee app and install it.
- Tap on the + icon on the upper right side of the screen and select Register a device.
- This will take you to a device selection screen where you can choose Ecobee Switch+.
- Tap on the Switch+ and make sure the light bar is glowing amber.
- If the amber light is not on, press and hold down the main button for 5 seconds.
- Follow the main menu options and press the main button again once prompted to “Reset to Factory Settings.”
- Once the light bar glows amber, tap on Get Started on your app setup screen.
- The app will now scan for devices. Once you see your device shown on the screen, tap on Add. Then select the Wi-Fi network you would like to connect your Switch + to and hit next.
- You should see a message confirming the device has been successfully connected.
Note: For iOS, you have the option of automatically adding your Switch + to your HomeKit account. To do so, select Set up using HomeKit. Your HomeKit code can be found at the back of the product booklet and on the Switch + wall plate.
How to reset Ecobee switch+
To reset your Ecobee Switch+, follow these steps;
- Press and hold the main button for 5 seconds
- Wait for the voice prompt to say, “Reset to factory settings.”
- Press the main button again
- Your Switch+ will then reset to its default factory settings.
How to reboot Ecobee switch+
Follow these steps to reboot your Switch:
- Press and hold the main button for 5 seconds.
- Wait for the voice prompt to say, “Restart device.”
- Press the main button again.
- Your Switch+ should then restart and be back to normal.
Why did Alexa stop working with my Ecobee Switch?
Check the internet connection to see if it is the underlying issue. If it is okay, do a factory reset and register your Switch afresh on the app.
Switch+ isn’t turning on
Follow these steps to remedy the problem;
- Check the breaker panel and confirm your breaker is on.
- If it is powered, flip your breaker to the off position.
- Unsnap your Switch+ wall plate.
- Unmount your Ecobee Switch+ and remove the two screws attaching it to the wall box.
- Pull out your Ecobee Switch+.
- Ensure that all wires are correctly connected, and that wire nuts are firmly in place.
- Reverse these steps and reinstall your Switch+.
If you’re still experiencing problems, please contact Ecobee Support.
Ecobee Switch not connecting to Wi-Fi
Before you begin, check and see if your Switch+ is connected to your home network. Then, press and hold the mute button on the top of your Switch+ for seven seconds to launch the network diagnosis. The voice prompt will indicate whether or not your Switch+ is connected to your Wi-Fi router and the Ecobee servers.
If your Switch+ isn’t connected:
Use the possible fixes to remedy the problem;
Restart your Switch+
Hold the main button down for about five seconds to initiate the configuration menu. The voice prompt will read through the different options available—wait for “restart device” and then click once on the central button to restart your Switch+.
Once your Switch+ has restarted, relaunch the network diagnostic to see if the Wi-Fi connection has been restored.
Reconfigure the Wi-Fi settings
Hold the main button down for about five seconds to initiate the configuration menu. The voice prompt will read through the different options available—wait for “forget Wi-Fi network” and then click once on the main button to forget your current network.
To reconfigure your network, you’ll need to re-register your Switch+
Once you’ve re-registered and reconnected to Wi-Fi, relaunch the network diagnostic to see if the Wi-Fi connection has been restored.
Do a factory reset
Hold the main button down for about five seconds to initiate the configuration menu. The voice prompt will read through the different options available—wait for “reset to factory settings” and then click once on the main button to reset your Switch+.
Once your Switch+ has been reset, complete registration once again to reconnect to Wi-Fi.
If your Switch+ is connected:
If the voice prompt tells you that your Switch+ is connected, the issue is your network connection.
Here are a few causes of the connection issue;
The greater the distance between devices, the worse the signal. If possible, try moving your router closer to your Ecobee Switch+, or consider purchasing a Wi-Fi range extender.
Sometimes the Wi-Fi signal gets reflected, refracted or absorbed by objects in your home, including cabinets, mirrors or glass, metal objects, even thick walls. See if you can clear the obstruction or move your router closer to your Switch+.
Neighboring wireless networks could be interfering with your Wi-Fi signal, microwave ovens, Bluetooth® devices, or baby monitors. To fix this, change the channel and SSID on your router.
Outdated firmware on your router
Try upgrading the firmware of your router and see if it improves your signal.
Check this too: Ecobee Thermostat How to & Troubleshooting Guide
If you’re unable to find a wireless signal after a power outage, power-cycle your router. Then, unplug your router, wait 10 seconds, and plug it back in again. If this doesn’t work, you may need to reset your router and wait for it to boot up again.
Run a speed test on your Wi-Fi network and contact your ISP if the network speed is too slow.
How to connect Ecobee Switch + to Homekit
Connecting your Switch+ with Apple HomeKit is quick and easy. Follow these steps;
- Open Apple’s Home App
- Select the + icon in the upper right corner
- Select “Add Accessory”
- Scan the HomeKit Setup Code located on the back of the Switch+ install manual
- Select the name of the device “Ecobee Switch+.”
- Select options for each sensor (including name and room)
- Select “Next”
- Repeat for each sensor (occupancy, temperature, ambient light, Switch)
- Select “Done”
My Switch+ stopped working
Reboot your Switch+ to reprogramme its code. If this does not work, try a hardware reboot:
- Press and hold the main button and the mute button for 7 seconds
- You will see a quick flick of a green light when its rebooted
- Give your Switch+ a minute to come back online
If the Switch+ is still not functioning correctly after this, try switching the breaker off and then on. Contact the contact Ecobee support center if it is still not working after this.