Being unable to stream shows online because you are in the wrong country can be very annoying, especially if you are eagerly waiting to catch up with your favorite show. And while there is no denying Disney 0plus is home to some amazing shows, its geopolitical restrictions are a deal-breaker.
However, it is possible to watch Disney plus from any country. Keep reading to learn how to do it.
Why Does Disney Plus Block VPNs?
Disney+ blocks some VPNs due to the regional licensing agreements involved with each show/movie production. So, to protect these agreements, the platform constantly tries to find ways to block VPN IP addresses so that you can’t get around its geo-blocks.
Do any VPNs Work on Disney Plus?
No. Not all VPNs work with Disney Plus, as the platform uses technology to detect and block VPN traffic whenever possible. As a result, some VPNs trigger error codes and connection issues, and you may see the message: “there seems to be an error connecting to Disney+.”
There are, however, a few brilliant options with large server networks that are still capable of accessing Disney Plus content libraries from anywhere in the world.
The best VPNs for Disney plus are;
- NordVPN – the best VPN to watch Disney Plus. It offers a large server network, blazing-fast speeds, and can unblock all popular streaming platforms.
- Surfshark – this VPN offers a great price-to-value ratio. In addition, the fast speeds ensure a buffering-free experience whether you’re watching Disney Plus or other streaming platforms.
- AtlasVPN – a great VPN for various streaming services, including Disney Plus. With astounding speeds, it guarantees a solid streaming experience.
- IPVanish – this is a high-speed VPN that allows you and your whole family to stream Disney+ on multiple devices simultaneously.
- PureVPN – this is a reliable VPN for accessing Disney+ that ensures great speeds and is continuously audited.
Why isn’t Disney all over the world?
Disney plus content is geo-restricted and has to comply with copyright laws. Therefore, if you try to get into Disney Plus from a location where the Service is unavailable, you will be met with an error message.
What Countries is Disney Plus available in?
Unfortunately, most parts of the world cannot access Disney Plus content. Therefore, officially, only specific countries in North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and Europe can access Disney Plus at the moment.
Here is a list of some countries where Disney Plus is available:
- North America: Canada, United States
- Central America: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Ireland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, UK
- South Pacific: Australia, New Zealand
- South America: Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Venezuela, Switzerland, Uruguay
Why do they frown upon VPN users?
Due to broadcasting restrictions, Disney+ is currently only available in the above regions. This means that even if you have an account, you won’t be able to access the Service from everywhere. For example, say you usually live in the US and set up an account there, but you’re currently in India, you won’t be able to use your account. You either won’t be able to log in at all, or you’ll be greeted with a streaming error.
Is it possible to watch Disney plus with VPN?
Yes. A VPN will change your IP address and bypass geo-blocks, making Disney Plus content available for you. A VPN also provides security benefits, such as data encryption and spam filters. Additionally, VPNs regularly monitor their IPs and remove any that have been blocked to ensure that you can reliably access the platform whenever you need to.
How to watch Disney plus with VPN?
Although Disney Plus is only available in a select number of countries, including the US and the UK, you can still access it from anywhere with the help of a VPN.
A VPN can change your virtual location, making you appear from a different country. So, with a VPN, you’ll be able to access the whole movie and TV show arsenal that the streaming platform has to offer.
How to use a VPN to watch Disney Plus
- Get a reliable VPN such as NordVPN for Disney plus
- Download the relevant app for your device from the VPN provider’s website or the appropriate app store.
- Install and run the app and enter your login credentials.
- Select a server in the same region as the Disney+ catalog you want to unblock. For example, for the US library, choose an American VPN server.
- Sign up for Disney+ if you haven’t already. Note that you will need a payment form matching your selected region.
- Log in to Disney+, and you should be able to stream content as normal.
How to watch Disney Plus on your device
Disney Plus has made the process of signing up and streaming your favorite movies and shows pretty easy. However, the steps vary slightly depending on the device you use.
Watch Disney Plus on your PC (Mac and Windows)
If you’re looking to catch your favorite shows and movies on Disney Plus using a VPN for Windows or Mac, we’ve got the process outlined for you below:
- Download and install a reliable VPN onto your PC.
- Connect a server in a Disney Plus location.
- Head to the Disney Plus website on your browser.
- Log in or create an account if necessary.
- Browse the catalog, pick a show, and enjoy!
- Watch Disney Plus on PC
Note: if you’re struggling to get content to load, it’s worth clearing your cache and cookies in your browser history.
How to Watch Disney Plus on your phone (Android or iPhone)
To watch Disney Plus with a VPN for Android or iOS:
- Find and download a reputable VPN. NordVPN is the best VPN for mobile devices.
- Install the VPN on your router or laptop that can create a mobile hotspot.
- Connect to a server in a Disney Plus location.
- iPhone users can download the Disney Plus app from the App Store.
- Android users can download the Disney Plus app from the Google Play Store.
- Sign in to your account, browse the catalog, and enjoy.
Note: The location of your app store must match the country your VPN is connected to. This can be done within your phone location settings. Make sure you find the best VPN for your Android or iOS devices.
Watch Disney Plus on your Smart TV
We have you covered if you want to catch your Disney Plus favorites on your Smart TV. Start with picking the most suitable VPN for your Smart TV and find further details below:
- Download and install a VPN. NordVPN is excellent for this task.
- Connect to a server in a Disney Plus location.
- Download the Disney Plus app onto your Smart TV.
- Login to your account, browse the collection and enjoy.
- Watch Disney Plus on Smart TV
Note: lots of smart TVs on the market have the functionality to download a VPN app directly. Give this a go before trying out the steps outlined above.
Watch Disney Plus on streaming devices
It’s possible to watch Disney Plus on a range of streaming devices, though the process varies slightly depending on your use. Since neither Kodi, Roku, Firestick, nor Apple TV support VPN apps, you will have to install the VPN on your router.
Here’s what you need to do step-by-step:
- Pick a streaming VPN. NordVPN is a great option.
- Install your chosen VPN on the wifi router.
- Connect to the server in the US or another country where Disney Plus is available.
- Plug in your streaming stick to your TV.
- Open the Disney+ app and log in to your account.
- Watch Disney Plus on streaming devices
How can I sign up for Disney Plus from abroad?
Disney+ restricts who can sign up for the Service by only accepting payment methods from available regions. This means that even if you use a VPN to access the site and can initiate the signup process, Disney will block you from subscribing if you don’t have appropriate billing information.
That said, some users claim to have been successful with workarounds:
To Set up a Disney+ account with an Apple ID;
This works on iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV, but once you have an account, you should be able to access it on any compatible device using a VPN.
- Sign out of your Apple account.
- Go to the App Store and select Create New Apple ID.
- Set the region to the United States and create an account. Don’t add a method of payment.
- Buy an iTunes gift card with US dollars to pay for your Disney+ subscription. The current price is $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year.
- Redeem the gift card in the App Store.
- Connect to a US VPN server.
- Download and install the Disney+ app.
- Start the Disney+ subscription process. When you get to the payment page, use your iTunes gift card to pay.
How to pay for a Disney Plus account from anywhere with Apple ID
- Pick a reliable VPN for bypassing Disney Plus geo-restrictions. Try out NordVPN as it unblocks streaming sites just great
- Download and set up the software
- Connect to a US server
- Navigate to the App Store and create a new Apple ID
- Choose the US as your country/region
- Get an App Store gift card on Amazon.com
- Log in to the App Store with your fresh US Apple ID
- Head to your account and redeem a gift card
- Download and launch the Disney Plus application
- When you start your subscription, Apple will deduct the cost from your US gift card
Sign up for Disney+ with a Google Play Store account
Using this method, you should be able to set up a Disney+ account on any Android account. Again, once you’ve set up an account, it should be accessible from any device.
- Connect to a US VPN server.
- Create a new Google Play Store account, but don’t log in.
- Buy a Google Play gift card with US dollars to pay for Disney+.
- Redeem the code in the Google Play Store. You’ll be asked to enter a US ZIP code, but anyone will do.
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Google, and add your new account.
- Sign in to the Google Play Store with this account.
- Download and install the Disney+ app and sign up, using your Google balance to pay.
How to pay for a Disney Plus account from anywhere with Google Play Store
- Pick a reliable VPN for bypassing Disney Plus geo-restrictions.
- Download and set up the software
- Connect to a US server
- Get a Google Play US gift card
- Create a new Google Play account
- Open the Google Play Store and log in to your new account
- Redeem the gift card
- Download the Disney Plus application from the Google Play Store and sign up
Why is Disney plus VPN not working?
If your VPN is detected, you’ll see a message that reads, “Service unavailable. Disney+ is not available at your location.” Disney+ tries to detect and block VPNs. If you’re encountering an error code or message while using a VPN, Disney plus VPN is not working. There are several steps you can take to fix the issue;
Switch VPN servers
Changing your server is a quick and easy way to resolve a Disney+ connection issue. Disney+ tries to detect and ban VPN connections, so switching servers to an undetected one can fix the problem.
You won’t know which server will work, so there may be some trial and error. However, good VPNs get around streaming region blocks by offering thousands of updated servers designed to avoid detection. Surfshark, for example, manages to avoid Disney Plus blocks on all of its servers.
Clear browser cookies and cache
Websites can collect location data through cookies and cached files. So if you see an error code when using Disney Plus, like Error Code 22 or 31, it could be the Service has detected your real geolocation based on these web identifiers.
Connecting to a VPN server does not remove cookies. Instead, you have to delete them from your browser.
How to clear your cache in Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome. Click the three-dot icon at the top-right of the window.
- Select More Tools > Clear browsing data, then from the drop-down menu, select All time.
- Check Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Tap Clear data.
- Relaunch Google Chrome and head to the Disney+ website.
How to clear cookies and cache in Safari:
- Open Safari. Open the Safari menu and tap Preferences.
- Click the Privacy tab > Manage Website Data.
- Type Disney into the search bar, select it, then click Remove.
- Relaunch Safari and head to the Disney+ website.
You can also remove your Disney Plus cookies and cache via Safari preferences.
If you’re watching Disney Plus on Android or iOS, you must restart your mobile device to clear cookies and cache. Alternatively, your browser’s incognito mode provides a private browsing window that removes most forms of online tracking, too.
Test for IP and DNS leaks
Disney Plus won’t work if your VPN is leaking data. Sometimes DNS requests and real IP addresses fall outside the encrypted VPN connection, revealing your true location and triggering Disney Plus Error Code 22 or 73.
This happens more with free VPNs. The best VPNs have leak protection built into their Service. Using a leak test tool, you should check to see if this is happening.
You can test whether a VPN has leaks that reveal your true location. If your VPN is leaking, check to see whether there are leak protection features in your VPN’s settings, and ask your VPN provider what can be done. Otherwise, we suggest using another, safer VPN service.
Restart your device & router
It’s a simple trick, but it remains one of the most effective: restarting your Disney Plus device. The router/modem can resolve Disney Plus error messages, particularly login problems and Error Code 83.
This can also help with your internet connection to ensure you get the best streaming speeds.
Consult your VPNs support
One of the quickest ways to troubleshoot a problem with your Disney Plus VPN is by contacting the VPN service’s support team. A customer support agent will be able to recommend the best VPN servers to access Disney Plus or tell you if the Service is experiencing any technical issues.
Most top VPNs have 24/7 live chat support, which is the easiest way to get assistance.
Disable IPv6 connections
IPv6 is still not supported by most VPNs. If your router uses an IPv6 address, this can lead to exposure of your real location and Disney Plus showing your usual local library.
You can check for these leaks by using our IPv6 leak test tool. A select few VPNs block IPv6 traffic to prevent this, like ExpressVPN, but you can rule out IPv6 leaks entirely by disabling them on your device.
How to disable IPv6 on Windows:
- Open Network & Internet settings.
- Select Network & Sharing Center > Properties.
- Uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
How to disable IPv6 on Mac:
- Open System Preferences and click Network.
- Click Advanced in the bottom right. Click the TCP/IP tab.
- Click the drop-down menu next to Configure IPv6 and choose Off.
- Click Ok > Apply.
You can switch off IPv6 connections on macOS via Network settings.
Use Smart DNS
Smart DNS is a useful tool for those looking to stream Disney Plus outside permissible regions. It routes your internet connection through a proxy DNS server, enabling you to access Disney Plus from anywhere without connecting to a VPN server.
VPNs like Surfshark and NordVPN provide Smart DNS services. Because you are changing your DNS settings, Smart DNS allows you to easily stream Disney Plus from large home screen devices, like Smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and games consoles.
Get a better VPN for Disney Plus
If all else fails, your Disney Plus issue likely comes from using the wrong VPN. Unfortunately, even if you’ve attempted all the above workarounds, not all VPNs work with Disney Plus. Some don’t prioritize streaming, while others lack the technology to unblock the Service.
The most effective fix for Disney Plus is to get a reliable VPN with a track record of smoothly accessing the Service.
Here are other things you can do to fix this issue:
- Switch to a different server. Chances are, your server is on a blocklist. Streaming services actively hunt the IPs used by the VPNs and block them
- Change or disable your GPS location. Chances are, Disney Plus uses both your IP and GPS data to determine location. To disable GPS on your device, try again.
- Try a new web browser.
Is it legal to use the VPN to get Disney plus to work?
The Terms and Conditions on Disney Plus’ official website do not strictly prohibit users from using a VPN. The max that can happen if you are found using a VPN is that Disney Plus will instantly block all content access unless you disable the unblocker.
As such, the only preventive measure you can take is to choose a reliable and secure VPN for Disney plus, which possesses an extensive server network and continuously refreshes its technologies. Bear in mind that unblocking streaming content is different than downloading pirated content.
Therefore, no legal implications are involved in using a VPN for Disney Plus. However, you must check the rules & regulations related to the country you are residing in. Some countries like Turkey, China, Iran, Iraq, and the UAE impose strict VPN bans.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Codes
Here are some error codes you may come across when using a VPN to watch Disney plus and solutions to remedy them;
|Error Code||What It Means||How to Fix It|
|4||Payment Issue||Check that your card isn’t past its expiration date and that it isn’t from a country where Disney+ isn’t available|
|7||Invalid email address or password problem||Check you have entered the correct email and ensure your chosen password meets the Disney Plus criteria|
|11||Problem with the availability of content||Make sure you’ve entered your correct login information and payment/billing information|
|13||Connection limit||Delete Disney Plus on the devices you don’t use, change your login password, and delete any downloads you don’t need|
|14||Username or password issue||Change your Disney Plus password|
|22||Geo-restrictions||Check whether the Service is accessible in that region, turn off the VPN, reset location settings, or sign out of Kids mode|
|24||Login issues||Reinstall the Disney Plus app, restart your router|
|25||Internal issue||Restart Disney Plus, contact customer support|
|27||The rights issue, video unavailable in your region||Use a VPN to access the video in the available region|
|29||Connectivity issues||Restart the Disney Plus application|
|30||Device issue||Check to see whether the device is compatible with Disney+, log out and sign back in again on your streaming device|
|31||Location mismatch||Set your location services to On, turn off your VPN, and reset the location settings|
|39||Streaming service error, HDMI cable problem, or Xbox One issue||Restart the app, use a different HDMI cable, reset Xbox One, switch devices|
|41||Video temporarily unavailable||Relaunch the app or refresh the website|
|42||Network connection issue, weak connection||Reboot your router|
|43||Connectivity issue or video added to watchlist is no longer available||Restart your device, reinstall the Disney Plus app|
|73||Connectivity issue or video added to watchlist is no longer available||Deactivate your VPN or proxy|
|76||Connection speeds are too slow||Reboot your router|
|83||Device compatibility problems||Stream from a device that is compatible with Disney+|
|86||Blocked account, violation of terms of Service||Contact customer service|
|91||Connectivity or cache issues||Use a different browser or device|