Acurite Notos weather station offers real-time weather conditions, allowing you to receive readings for indoor and outdoor temperature, humidity, wind speed, and pressure trends. The weather station features an illuminated, easy-to-view LCD color display with an adjustable dimmer.
If you are having issues with your weather station it helps to troubleshoot first before contacting support or service. Many of the issues require simple fixes and should not cost you a lot of money on repairs or replacements.
In the following guide, we look at some of the common Acurite Notos issues and the best way to resolve them. Read on to learn more.
Why is My Acurite Notos Weather Station Not Working?
If your Acurite Notos weather station display screen is not working, check the following:
- Check that the power adapter is plugged in into the display and an electrical outlet.
- Check that the batteries are installed correctly. You may need to replace the batteries.
- Reset the display by pressing the RESET button, located on the back of the display in the battery compartment. After a reset, you will need to enter the date and time.
How to Reset My Acurite Notos Weather Station
To reset the Acurite Notos display:
- Press the RESET button, located on the back of the display in the battery compartment.
- After a reset, you will need to enter the date and time.
How Do I Reset My Acurite Notos Weather Station Sensors
To hard reset Acurite Notos weather station sensors, follow the steps below:
- Bring both the sensor and display unit together and remove all batteries from each and/or remove the power cord to power them down.
- Change the A-B-C switch on both units to a new, matching channel then press and hold the reset button on the display for 20 seconds if applicable.
- Reinstall the batteries on the outdoor sensor.
- Reinstall the batteries and/or power cord into the display unit then immediately press and hold the reset button again for 20 seconds if applicable.
- Let the units sit within a couple of feet from each other for about 5 minutes or until you see a solid sensor signal.
How to Calibrate Acurite Notos Weather Station Sensors
You can calibrate the indoor/outdoor temperature and humidity readings, and barometric pressure on the display to improve accuracy. Just like with a Lacrosse View, calibration can improve accuracy when sensor placement or environmental factors impact the accuracy of the data.
- Press and hold the up arrow button, Settings button, and down arrow button simultaneously for at least 5 seconds to access calibration mode.
- To adjust the currently selected (flashing) item, press and release the up or down arrow buttons to calibrate the data value higher or lower from the actual reading.
- To save your adjustments, press and release the Settings button to adjust the next preference. The “spanner” icon will remain illuminated next to the calibrated values.
The preference set order is as follows:
- OUTDOOR TEMPERATURE
- OUTDOOR HUMIDITY
- INDOOR TEMPERATURE
- INDOOR HUMIDITY
- BAROMETRIC PRESSURE (it must be set to MANUAL mode to calibrate)
To change from AUTO to MANUAL pressure mode and vice-versa, press and hold the Settings button for at least 10 seconds. The display indicates the current pressure mode selected, “AUTO” or “MANUAL”.
After 20 seconds of inactivity, the display will save the adjustment and exit calibration mode. Note that calibration will be erased if you reset the display or if you remove the batteries and unplug the power adapter.
Why is My Acurite Weather Station Flashing?
Flashing of the outdoor temperature in Acurite Notos may be an indication of wireless interference. To fix this:
- Make sure the A-B-C switch in the battery compartment of both the display and sensor are switched to the same letter.
- You may choose A, B or C, but both units must match to synchronize.
- Sometimes changing to a different channel can help.
If the light on the front of the Acurite Access is flashing red there is no network connection. The Acurite Access front light will remain solid blue.
- Make sure the Ethernet cable is firmly connected. The cable may be defective and need to be replaced.
- Check your network router settings. Make sure DHCP is enabled on your router, MAC address filtering is disabled, port 80 is open and priorities are turned off.
- The Ethernet port of your router may be malfunctioning. Try connecting the cable to a different port.
Acurite Notos Outdoor Sensors Not Working
If your weather station is having any of the issues below, these are symptoms of the sensor not connecting to the display:
- Outdoor temperature not changing.
- No outdoor temperature (showing dashes).
- Inaccurate wind speed or no wind speed
- The outdoor humidity reads 1%
- The outdoor temperature is -40 degrees.
To resolve the problem, you would want to ensure the following first:
- Verify that the A-B-C switch in the battery compartments of both the display and the sensor are set to the same letter. You may choose A, B, or C; but both units must match to sync up.
- Relocate the display unit and/or sensor. Under optimal conditions, the units can be located up to 330 ft of each other.
- Units should be placed at least 3 feet away from electronics like microwaves, TVs and computers among others, that may interfere with wireless communication.
- Use standard alkaline batteries (or lithium batteries in the sensor when the temperature is below -20oC/-4oF. Note that it may take approximately 5 minutes for the display unit and sensor to sync after batteries are replaced.
If after the above steps you are still getting no wind speed or the wind speed is inaccurate, perform a hard reset as per the steps given above.
Acurite Notos Weather Station Searching for Sensor
If the wireless signal indicator shows no bars, try the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:
- Relocate the display and/or 3-in-1 sensor. The unit must be with 330 ft (100m) of each other.
- Make sure both units are placed at least 3 feet (.9m) away from electronics that may interfere with the wireless communication.
- Use standard alkaline batteries (or lithium batteries in sensor when temperature is below -4oF/-20oC).
- Do not use heavy duty or rechargeable batteries. Note that it may take a few minutes for the display and sensor to sync up after batteries are replaced.
- Synchronize the units:
- Bring both the sensor and display indoors and remove at least one battery from each.
- Make sure the A-B-C switch on both units match.
- Reinstall the battery in the outdoor sensor.
- Reinstall battery into the display.
- Let the units sit within a few feet of each other for a few minutes to gain a strong connection.
Acurite Notos Inaccurate Temperature or Humidity
If your Acurite Notos display unit is showing the incorrect or inaccurate outdoor temperature or outdoor humidity readings from your Acurite Notos weather station, follow these troubleshooting instructions to resolve the issue:
- Make sure both the display unit and sensor are placed away from any heat sources or vents.
- Make sure both the display unit and Acurite Notos sensor are positioned away from moisture sources.
- Make sure the sensor is mounted at least 5 feet off the ground.
- Confirm the display is showing 4 full bars of signal strength.
If you are still experiencing the issue after the above troubleshooting steps, please perform the hard reset. Follow the hard reset instructions given in this guide.
Acurite Notos Weather Station Wind Speed Not Working
If the wind readings are inaccurate or your Acurite Notos sensor is reporting no wind speed readings at all, try these troubleshooting tips to see if the issue resolves:
- Make sure to compare data using a sensor positioned at the same mounting height. Pro weather stations are typically mounted at 33-feet or higher.
- Check the location of the sensor. Make sure it is mounted a minimum of 5-feet in the air with no obstructions around it (within several feet).
- Make sure the wind cups are spinning freely. If they hesitate or stop, try lubricating with spray lubricant or graphite powder.
If after the above troubleshooting steps the Acurite Notos sensor is not reporting any wind speed, perform the hard reset.
How to Maintain Acurite Notos Sensor
The following sensor maintenance tips are helpful to prevent damage and ensure your weather station is working properly:
- Use a damp cloth to clean the sensor housing. Do not use caustic cleaners or abrasives.
- Insects may cause obstructions and interrupt data by nesting in or the Acurite Notos sensor. To limit this problem, spray the sensor with a household insect repellent. Check the insect repellent instructions before use.
- Remove foreign matter from the outside of the sensor for free movement of the wind anemometer.
- If necessary, use a small amount of spray lubricant, graphite powder, or clear silicone on the anemometer for improved movement.
- Do not spray the graphite powder, clear silicone, or spray lubricant on the internal components or into the sensor.
- Clean the battery contacts located under the battery door on the bottom of the sensor. Remove batteries from equipment that is not going to be used for an extended period of time.
- Do not mix old and new batteries or types of batteries (alkaline/lithium).
How to Install or Replace Batteries on Acurite Notos Weather Station
The 3-in-1 sensor requires lithium batteries in low-temperature conditions. Cold temperatures can cause alkaline batteries to not work properly. Use lithium batteries for temperatures below -4oF/20oC.
- Press the release lever and pull off the lower housing of the sensor.
- Remove the battery compartment cover. Take note of the A-B-C switch setting inside the battery compartment.
- Insert 4*AA batteries into the battery compartment. Follow the polarity (+/-) diagram in the battery compartment.
- Replace the battery cover and lower housing of the sensor.
Check this too: AcuRite Iris Weather Station How to & Troubleshooting Guide
To install or replace backup batteries in the display (optional):
- Remove the battery compartment cover.
- Insert 3*AAA alkaline batteries in the battery compartment. Follow the polarity diagram in the battery compartment.
- Replace the battery cover.
To replace the clock battery:
- Locate the coin cell battery compartment door on the back of the display. Unscrew and remove the compartment cover.
- Insert 1* CR2032 coin cell battery into the battery compartment. Install battery with “+”positive terminal facing out.
- Screw in the battery cover.