No matter how comprehensive a user manual is, chances are you will still need to consult google. To figure out how to use your new appliance or to troubleshoot it. The same case applies to Winix air purifiers. This comprehensive guide contains all the information needed to master your air purifier.
How to clean a Winix air purifier
Wipe the exterior shell of the air purifier using a soft cloth and a mild detergent solution. Then, open the air purifier’s outer cover to clean the interior. By placing your hand on top of the cover and pulling it away from the purifier.
Use a vacuum cleaner or soft brush to clean the filter. If it is excessively soiled, rinse in room temperature water. Do not use detergent or soap. Allow the filter to dry for at least 24 hours or more before using the air purifier.
How to replace Winix air purifier filters
Old filters reduce the efficiency of your air purifier. Which is in turn results in the circulation of pathogens and allergens. That can lead to poor respiratory and skin health. It is essential to replace the air purifier filters regularly; especially if you use the air purifier frequently.
Follow these simple steps to replace the filters;
- Unplug the air purifier from the power outlet before you get started.
- Remove the air intake cover; by placing your hand on top of the cover and pulling it away from the purifier.
- Then use a vacuum cleaner to clean the air intake screen.
- Detach the screen from the purifier. By placing your fingers on top of the hinges and gently pull the screen away from the air purifier.
- Next, remove the activated carbon pre-filter and the True HEPA filter by pulling it away from the purifier.
- Throw the used filter in the garbage bin and insert the new HEPA filter into the HEPA filter spot in the air purifier.
- Ensure that the arrow on the top of the filter points towards the air purifier.
- Insert a newly activated carbon pre-filter into its designated slot in front of the new HEPA filter.
- Then reattach the air intake screen and the air intake cover on the air purifier.
Check this too: Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier How-to & Troubleshooting Guide
How to turn on a Winix air purifier
To turn on your Winix air purifier;
- Insert the unit plug into an electrical outlet.
- The Control Panel lights will turn on and off.
- Press the ‘Power’ button.
During the first 4 minutes of power-up, the Air Quality light will flash as the Smart Sensors measure the air quality in the environment, after which regular operation will begin.
How long should I run my Winix air purifier?
It depends on the air quality. However, it is best to leave the air purifier on all the time. This is because the air purifier is necessary to remove newly introduced durst particles every single minute. This way, you are guaranteed allergen and pathogen-free air all the time.
What do the color indicators mean on the Winix air purifier?
The LED light indicates the current indoor air quality. BLUE is good, AMBER is fair, and RED is poor.
How to reset a Winix air purifier
Resetting your air purifier is necessary once you have resolved an issue to clear an error signal. It is also helpful when you fix a problem by reprogramming the motherboard. Failure to do so may cause the air purifier to malfunction.
Follow these steps to reset your purifier:
- Turn the purifier off and disconnect it from the power outlet
- Wait for a few minutes
- Connect the device back to the power source and turn it on
- Use a thin object like a pin or paper clip to press the reset switch on the purifier for about 5 seconds. The reset is now complete.
Winix air purifier keeps shutting off
Carry out the steps below to resolve the problem;
- Check the power cord to ensure that it is securely plugged into the outlet
- Make sure that there is power going to the outlet and that there is no power outage within your area
- Confirm that you have not set a timer for the purifier to go into sleep mode.
Contact Winix customer support if these steps do not resolve the issue.
Winix air purifier won’t turn on
If your air purifier does not turn on after you plug it in, follow these steps to determine the underlying issue and remedy it;
- Disconnect the purifier’s power cord from the current outlet and plug it in a different outlet. The power outlet was the problem if the purifier turns on.
- If it doesn’t work, there could be an issue with your power rating.
- Set your power outlet to the correct rating and turn on the purifier one more time to see if it will work. If the air purifier does not turn on, the power cord could be damaged and needs to be replaced.
- Contact the manufacturer’s support team for more guidance if the purifier does not work even after replacing the new power cord.
Follow these steps if the sleep mode won’t turn off at all;
- Completely shut off the air purifier and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Then wait for a few minutes before plugging it back in.
- Turning it back on and allow the purifier to run in sleep mode for at least five minutes before programming it.
Winix air purifier blinking red light
This is a notification that it is time to change the filters.
Check this too: Best air purifier for cigarette smoke removal
Winix air purifier two lights blinking
This means the filters in the air purifier are faulty, and they need to be replaced.
Winix air quality indicator stays blue
This means the air quality is good.
How to reset the filter light on the Winix air purifier
To reset the filter light, follow the steps below;
- Press the filter button and hold for 3 to 5 seconds
- You will hear a beep sound as the filter light indicator shuts off
- Then turn the air purifier back on