Using innovative home technology in your house is essential today. Smart home technologies help save on energy, water and make your beautiful home green. One of the things you can add to your kitchen is a touchless kitchen faucet. Touchless kitchen faucets use motion sensor technology and are activated when you put your hand or a pan under the tap. Touchless faucets help you save water, are efficient, and reduce water spills in the kitchen. An excellent choice for your kitchen is the Kraus Bolden touchless kitchen faucet.
Michael Rukhlin and Russel Levi established Kraus in 2007. The company’s products use German engineering and are made in India and China. The company endeavors to create excellent products that solve modern-day problems and positively impact customer’s lives. In addition, the company uses modern design to ensure you have the best experience in your kitchen.
If you just installed a Kraus Bolden touchless kitchen faucet in your home, you need to know how to care for it. In addition, it is essential to find out how to troubleshoot and make repairs. Here is a comprehensive guide on using, caring, and maintaining your Kraus Bolden touchless kitchen faucet.
How to replace a Kraus Bolden touchless kitchen faucet
If you have purchased a touchless faucet, you can easily install it yourself. That will ensure you save money spent on a technician and you learn something new. Follow these steps to install a Kraus touchless faucet.
- Start by turning off the water supply to your kitchen sink, then remove the old faucet. Next, thread the hoses, data cable, and shank of your touchless tap through your deck gasket. Next, ensure that you align the bottom of the faucet and insert the hoses, and wire through the faucet mounting hole. Finally, install deck plating if your sink has several holes and ensure that the tap handle is on your right and the spout faces you.
- Slide in the support plate for the cables and the washer for the faucet shank. Make sure that the data cables do not get in the way of the mounting washer. Next, tighten the mounting nut, ensuring that the faucet is in the correct position over your sink.
- Put in the hose bracket and secure it with the hose guide nut. Connect the hose to the faucet lines. Identify the correct inlets and attach the hot and cold water supply lines and hoses. Check that the hoses are tightly secured.
- Attach the control box and ensure that the data cable and hoses are long enough to reach it.
- Install the spray wand to your pull-down hose, ensuring the screen and rubber washer are firmly in place. Use a wrench to tighten it. Install a weight below the white mark on the hose.
- Install the battery back, ensuring that the battery pack wires reach the control box. You can attach your battery pack to the wall using tape or screws.
- Insert the data cable into the control box and attach the battery back wires to the control box. Ensure that there is nothing close to the faucet sensor and the faucet indicator light is blinking blue.
- Turn on the kitchen water supply and test your new Kraus Bolden Touchless water faucet.
How to clean a Kraus bolden touchless kitchen faucet
It is essential to keep your touchless kitchen faucet clean at all times. Cleaning it will ensure that it remains shiny and lasts a long time. Follow these easy steps to clean your Kraus Bolden touchless kitchen faucet.
- Start by regularly wiping the bottom of your Kraus touchless faucet to get rid of food particles and other dirt that may have fallen on it.
- Clean the faucet using warm soapy water and then rinse it thoroughly.
- Avoid air-drying the faucet as that may leave streaks on it. Instead, dry it with tissues or a microfiber cloth which will ensure that it retains its shine.
- Once every few weeks, flush your touchless faucet with hot water and vinegar to dislodge mineral deposits.
- Clean the drain, too, using baking soda and vinegar. First, pour a solution of baking soda, then a cup of vinegar. Finally, pour clean water into the drain to rinse.
Why is my Kraus Bolden touchless faucet not working?
There are several reasons why your touchless water tap may not be working. It could be a plumbing, water supply, or faucet issue. Here are some of the reasons why your Kraus Bolden touchless kitchen faucet may not be working.
Mineral deposits and debris in your faucet may clog it and affect its working. That means when your sensors detect a pan or hands under the tap, there is very little water. To clear the clog, check the faucet aerator first. If there is debris and dirt in it, clean it thoroughly. You can use a toothbrush and white vinegar to do that. If water does not flow normally, then you need to flush your faucet.
Water pressure in your home
Low water pressure may affect the performance of your Kraus Bolden touchless kitchen faucet. If no water comes from your tap and it is not clogged, then you may have reduced water pressure in your home. Check the performance of other water taps in the house. If there is very little water or no water flowing in all your fixtures, you have a water pressure issue. Make the necessary corrections, and your touchless water faucet will work. You can also contact your water supplier to see if the problem is in the water mains in your area.
If your motion sensor does not work, the problem could be dead batteries. Replace the batteries, and your motion sensor should work normally. Some Kraus touchless faucets have a red warning light at the bottom to alert you that your batteries have run out. If it is blinking, you need to change the batteries. Follow these steps to change the batteries on your touchless faucet.
How to change the batteries in a Kraus touchless faucet
Your batteries run the motion sensor for your touchless faucet. If they run out of charge, your motion sensor will not work, and therefore, the tap will not work. Make sure that you purchase high-quality AAA batteries to use in your home. Follow these steps to change your batteries.
- Your battery pack should be under the sink. Locate and unscrew the cover to see the batteries.
- Remove the old batteries and replace them with new ones. Make sure that you install them correctly so that your motion sensor works.
- Replace the cover and screw it in place.
- Check that the tap is working correctly.
- Dispose of the old batteries correctly.
The handle is not in the ON position.
If your tap handle is closed, water will not flow through your tap. Make sure that you check it, and if it is off, turn it on, and your touchless faucet will work.
How to adjust sensitivity on my Kraus Bolden touchless faucet
If you are concerned about the sensitivity of your touchless faucet, you can modify it by following these easy steps.
- Start by resetting the power on the sensor, and you will see two light flashes.
- When the light is flashing the second time, put your hand at the desired distance.
- Your faucet will reset to the new sensitivity.
- Bear in mind that you may have to do this several times to get it right, depending on the level of sensitivity you need from your faucet.
Kraus Boden low flow problem
If you have a flow rate problem with your Kraus Bolden faucet, it is essential to check the water pressure in your home. If your other taps have good flow, then the problem could be in your touchless tap.
- To fix the flow rate, you can switch to an aerator with a higher flow rate. However, make sure you inspect the aerator before replacing it. The flow rate problem could be due to a blocked aerator.
- Check your shut-off valves, as they could also affect the flow rate on your Kraus Bolden touchless faucet.
- Ensure that you also check the faucet supply tube for blockage and clean it out or replace it.
- Another thing you can do to fix the flow rate is remove the flow restrictor. Remember that several Kraus Bolden faucet models are low flow, and removing the restrictor can improve your flow rate.
Kraus Bolden faucet dripping
A dripping tap can be a significant inconvenience for you and the members of your family. It wastes water and also increases your water bill. It is therefore essential to fix it immediately.
- If your touchless faucet is leaking, ensure that you have not triggered settings like “continuous run.” If you tap it in such a setting, water will keep flowing out.
- Problems with the sensor range could also cause a dripping faucet. If the sensor range is too long, then the tap will keep dripping. Make sure that your faucet has a reasonable sensitivity.
- Check that your faucet sensors do not react to light or reflections, resulting in continuous running.
- Clogged aerators can also cause continuous dripping. Make sure that you check yours and if it is blocked, soak it in a water and vinegar solution.
- Check the water supply lines for pinched wires. Also, make sure that you check the diaphragm seal and replace it if it is damaged.
- If the dripping does not stop after all the above, the unit may be defective. Make sure that you buy your Kraus Bolden faucet on the company website or from a reliable seller to ensure that you get quality products.
How to reset a Kraus Bolden Touchless faucet
You must reset your touchless faucet after changing the batteries. Follow these steps to reset your Kraus Bolden touchless kitchen faucet.
- Identify the reset button on the battery compartment and press it.
- That should reset the faucet.
- Test your Kraus Bolden touchless faucet to ensure that it works.
How to work your Krus Bolden touchless faucet on Manual mode
You can use your touchless faucets as standard faucets. You will, however, need to bypass the sensor to do that. Follow these steps to turn off the motion sensors.
- On the control box, turn the manual override knob or button clockwise to bypass the motion sensors.
- Your tap will function as a conventional tap.
- You can go back to touchless operation by turning the knob or button counterclockwise.
How long do touchless kitchen faucets last?
Touchless faucets last between five and ten years. They, therefore, offer good value for money, especially when made with high-quality rust-proof materials. You can also use touch-sensitive faucets in all parts of your home.
Check this too: Dalmo Touchless Kitchen Faucet Troubleshooting
Kraus Bolden touchless faucet sensor behaving erratically
If your sensor sometimes works and other times does not, it can be very inconvenient. The tap may also keep turning on and off without activation. You can rectify this problem by following these easy steps.
- Turn off your faucet.
- Wipe the sensor using a clean cloth to remove dirt particles and steam.
- Switch the tap back to the on position and test its performance.
- If that does not solve the problems, reset the sensor as mentioned above.
Maintenance tips for your touchless faucets
To ensure your faucets serve you for a long time, provide regular maintenance and care. Here are essential maintenance tips.
- Clean your tap using a sponge and warm soapy water, then dry it with a soft cloth.
- Remove food particles and dirt at the bottom of your faucet and clean and dry the area after use.
- Make sure that water does not get into the battery pack or the control box.
- Change the batteries immediately if they are depleted. Also, make sure that you use high-quality batteries as inferior products can damage your unit.
- Regularly clean the aerator to enhance your faucet’s performance. If there are mineral deposits on it, soak it in a vinegar solution, then rinse.
- If you notice problems, repair them immediately to ensure that they do not get worse.