A fridge is an essential appliance in the modern home, and one should pick the best brand for their home. Samsung makes high-quality household appliances that are easy to use, readily available, and low maintenance.
That said, if you own a Samsung Fridge, it is essential to learn how to reset it.If your fridge temperatures require changing or you need to reduce power consumption, you will need to reset it.
Resetting your Samsung fridge allows you to change temperature settings and defrost and can help reduce your monthly power bill. If you want to reset your Samsung fridge, below is a comprehensive guide to resetting your Samsung fridge.
How to reset your Samsung Fridge?
There are three ways to reset your fridge. The fridge may also display error codes that tell you what you need to reset in your fridge.
You can reset your fridge by long pressing the POWER COOL and POWER FREEZE buttons simultaneously. Most models have these buttons, and pressing and holding them will reset your appliance.
Secondly, you can use the reset button on your Samsung fridge. To check for a reset button, check the interior top of your fridge for a small panel that you can open to expose the button. Then, reset your fridge by pressing that button.
Finally, you can reset your fridge by performing a hard reset on your Samsung fridge. To do that, turn off the fridge, unplug it and wait for 10 minutes. After that, plug it back in, turn it on, and that should reset it and reset the Samsung control panel.
Resetting different Samsung model fridges.
There are variations on how you can reset different models of Samsung fridges.
Samsung fridge SRF677CDBLS
This Samsung fridge model has french doors and excellent food storage options for your household. To reset the fridge, start by turning it off, then unplug it and wait for ten minutes.
After that, plug it in again and turn it on, which will reset it. This procedure works for all Samsung models, including RT49K6758S9, RT26H3000SE, and RA21CDUX1.
Samsung fridge RB7300T
If you have this smart fridge, you can reset it using the reset button. The reset button is under a panel on the interior top side of the fridge and is red.
Flip the panel and press the button, which should reset the fridge. Only the Family Hub series fridges have a reset button, so you can only use this method if you have RR1000KM, RR7000KM, RR7000M, and other Family Hub fridges.
Samsung fridge RF260BEAESR
All Samsung fridges have the POWER COOL and POWER FREEZE buttons; you can use these to reset them. To do that, long-press the POWER COOL and POWER FREEZE buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds.
That will reset the fridge and clear any problems. That is a good reset method for most Samsung fridges, including RT6000K, RT-F200G TMF, RL55VQBRS, RT25K3082S8, and RT25K3082S8, among others.
Where is the Samsung fridge reset button?
Only Samsung Family Hub fridges have a reset button. The reset button is at the top on the right-hand side of the door inside the fridge.
It is under a panel you need to flip and is marked “reset.” If you press this button, you will easily reset your fridge. This switch also turns your fridge display on and off.
How to reset the Samsung fridge water filter
Resetting your Samsung fridge water filter is crucial when you install a new water filter. The water filter ensures you get clean and safe drinking water without contaminants.
Changing the filter every six months is crucial; when you do that, you will need to reset the water filter indicator on the Samsung fridge. The indicator tells you how well the water filter works and whether you should replace it using different colors.
- Blue – the filter works correctly, and drinking water is free of contaminants.
- Pink/Orange – the water filter is working correctly but is getting too old to clean the water correctly.
- Red – The water filter is not working and should be replaced.
If your water filter indicator shows red, you must replace it before resetting it. Follow these steps to replace your Samsung fridge water filter.
- Turn the water off and open the water filter cover.
- Detach the old filter by turning it counterclockwise.
- Next, pull it out of the filter housing.
- Finally, open the new filter, insert it into the filter housing, then turn it clockwise, ensuring that the lock sign lines up with the indicator marks.
After replacing the water filter, follow these easy steps to reset it.
- Start by long-pressing the “Alarm” button.
- If your control panel is inside the fridge, long-press the Fridge and POWER COOL buttons simultaneously.
- That will reset the water filter, and the indicator will show blue.
How to reset the filter light on a Samsung Fridge
The filter light tells you the status of your water filter. Therefore, it is crucial to reset the indicator after installing the new water filter. Follow these steps to reset the filter light on your Samsung fridge.
- Press and hold the Alarm button for three seconds, which will reset the filter light to blue.
- If your control panel is inside your fridge, you can reset it by pressing the POWER COOL and Fridge buttons simultaneously. That will reset the filter light to blue.
How to reset Samsung Fridge Temperature
The temperature of your fridge determines how long your stored food will last. If the temperature is not correctly set, the food will go bad. Follow these steps to reset the temperature in your fridge.
- Check the control panel, which is usually inside the top of your refrigerator. If you do not have a control panel in your fridge, use your fridge display screen to locate the Fridge button.
- To reset the temperature, long-press the button and wait for the screen to display your current temperature. That should be the appliance’s default temperature, usually 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to reset the Samsung fridge ice maker
The ice maker is crucial because it provides ice for various uses in the house. If your ice maker is not working correctly, it is essential to check the water pressure and filter.
You need to reset your ice maker if the pressure is correct and the water filter is in good condition. Resetting will ensure that your ice maker will work normally within 24 hours. Follow these steps to reset your ice maker.
- Samsung fridge ice makers have a Test button behind the ice bucket. Begin by long-pressing the button until you hear a beep.
- The beep starts a 6-minute test cycle, followed by an ice drop and water valve energizing.
- When the test ends, you will hear another beep meaning your ice maker is reset.
- You will need to allow 8 hours for the fridge to make new ice cubes. That said, it may take 24 hours for the ice maker to produce ice cubes normally.
How to reset a Samsung fridge after a power outage
Power outages can have unpleasant effects on your appliances; for instance, they may not function normally or efficiently.
If your Samsung fridge does not cool down after a power outage, you need to reset it. Follow these steps to reset the fridge after a power outage.
- Begin by allowing your fridge to run for up to one hour; if it does not begin to cool, press and hold the POWER FREEZE and POWER COOL buttons simultaneously. That should reset your fridge.
- If your Samsung fridge has a reset button, you can press it to reset the unit.
- It is advisable to allow 15 minutes between these trials to check whether the fridge temperature changes.
- Finally, if none of these methods work, turn off the fridge and unplug it. Please wait 10 minutes, then plug it in and switch it on. That should solve the problem, and your fridge will work normally.
How to reset a Samsung fridge touch screen display
Samsung smart fridges often have a touch screen display that you can use to operate your fridge. However, in case of a power outage, that display may not work.
Check this too: Samsung Dryer Troubleshooting & How to Guide
Your touch screen display may go black when not in use, but when you switch it on, touch it, open the fridge door or use the dispenser, it should turn on. If that does not happen, follow these steps to reset it.
- Start by checking that all the wiring is connected correctly if you just installed it. In addition, ensure that the fridge is on and that power is turned on.
- Find the panel inside the top right corner of your Samsung fridge door and push it upwards to open.
- You will see a red button; if the switch is on, turn it off, wait for 15 seconds, and then switch it on again. After that, the touch screen should boot up.
- If the switch is off, turn it on, and the touch screen will boot up. If that does not work the first time, you can turn it off and on again, and the screen will boot up.
- Please do not unplug the fridge if your touch screen panel is not working since it does not affect the functioning of the fridge. The fridge can preserve your food even if the screen is not working.