Fried hot dogs are very delicious than any boiled or grilled hot dogs. Cooking hot dogs with an air fryer results in a healthy and impeccable meal. The circulating hot air makes the hot dogs cook inside and have a good texture on the outside. It’s easy to cook hot dogs in less than 10 minutes; you can enjoy a healthy yummy meal with your family. So let’s get into the recipe of cooking hot dogs.
- Four Hot dogs
- Four hot dog buns
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Any toppings that you like mustard, ketchup, sweet relish, BBQ sauce, jalapenos, sauteed onion, pickles, thinly sliced tomatoes
- Heat the air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Spinkle some nonstick cooking spray on the basket and place your hot dogs. Ensure you leave enough space around them to allow air circulation for browning.
- Cook the hot dogs for five minutes at 390 degrees. You can move the basket to rotate the hot dogs or use tongs to flip them halfway.
- As the hot dogs cook, slice each bun in the middle.
- After, remove the hot dogs carefully from the air fryer. Later place the hot dogs into the buns and cook for 2-4 minutes for you to have crispy hot dogs in the air fryer.
- Remove the hot dogs, and you can enjoy them with your favorite toppings. For example, you can consider serving them with your French fries, ranch pickles, baked beans, coleslaw, and more.
Freezing Cooked Hot Dogs
While storing your hot dogs, you have to ensure they don’t stick together. Place the hot dogs 1 inch apart on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Allow the hot dogs to freeze for 1-2 hours and place them in a freezer-proof bag.
Cooking Frozen Hot Dogs
Cooking frozen hot dogs in an air fryer is easy. You can cook frozen hot dogs, even if you forgot to thaw them. First, you need to slice 3-5 slits on the top of the hot dog with a knife for steam to escape and prevent bursting. Then, follow the procedure above for cooking in 7-8 minutes at 350 degrees.
How Long Does it Take to Air Fry Hot Dogs?
Cooking hot dogs in an air fryer is a quick way to have a meal. The cooking process only takes around 10 minutes to have a juicy, crispy hot dog. The procedure includes toasting the bun, but the time may vary depending on the recipe you use. The hot dogs will be ready within 5 minutes, but adding extra time makes them crispy and more delicious.
Is it Better to Boil or Fry Hot Dogs?
Boiling a hot dog makes it plump and leaches out some salt. In addition, the method leaves the hot dog soggy and removes the flavor. So, for good taste, the boiling method isn’t the best. Fried hot dogs are better and full of flavor and become crispy with less juice.
Check this too: How to Cook Asparagus in an Air Fryer
Don’t keep your family waiting while hungry while you can cook a delicious fast meal. Hot dogs are a meal for everyone; you can consider topping them with nutritious products like tomatoes. Then, serve them with baked beans, French fries, or more for a complete meal.